Interested in Berbatov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonro

New Signing
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
It is plain to see the Dimitar Berbatov is no longer wanted at The Swamp and he will be available in the summer.

Now, even though his workrate is terrible would you take him if we could get him on the cheap? He has a knack for coming out of nowhere and scoring and that is where our problem lies, having a striker that is on fire (Torres needs to score a few more before I even begin to look at him as being a goalscorer for us).

I would probably say no to Berbatov, but what would you think about this?

 
Lazy Bulgarian waste of space. I'd rather keep Kalou instead, and that's saying something!

 
No, he needs to be playing to be effective, he's too lazy. The way we play at the moment our striker needs to bust his gut for the team. Drogba has been fantastic at it. Torres has been working hard & now has found his goal scoring touch. I wouldn't waste the wages on him. He's never been a player for the big sides, thats why he did well at Spurs.

 
Lazy Bulgarian waste of space. I'd rather keep Kalou instead, and that's saying something!
Let's not go too far now mate.I would only get him if we fail to buy a proper playmaker this summer or if we eventually do lose Drogba and he was willing to join us at a reasonable price and wage. He is a class player, fantastic ability on the ball, great vision and as you said he's generally in the right place at the right time. At the very least it adds something different upfront.

That said I would still take punts at others first before coming to him.

 
Would have taken him at the start of this season, since Drogba was a doubt and Torres couldn't score... Of course we've not improved massively up front since then, but there are signs Torres might be rediscovering form and Drogba..who knows. Big game player but will be given another contract?

Anywho, Berbatov is a decent player, but we can do much better.

 
Would he be available on a free? If so, then I don't see too much risk in signing him, especially if we can get him to sign for reasonable wages (e.g., 70K a week or less).

 
United has a deal which says that they can prolong his contract just so they can get money for him, even if Berbatov himself doesn't want to sign.

 
Lazy Bulgarian waste of space. I'd rather keep Kalou instead, and that's saying something!
Calm down. I know that we don't want Mr Berbatov but there's no need for all that crazy talk about keeping kalou.

Theres no need for that, no need at all!

 
Why all the hate on Kalou guys? He's not the best nor the weakest. I'd rather have Kalou as a CF than seeing berbatovs ass on the bench. If we start to sign players like Berbatov we will be called liverpool 2.0 next year(because win Champions League and do nothing for 6 years).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
No way. Why would we want Manchester United's garbage? The only players I would take from United would be Valencia and Rooney and maybe their youth player Paul Pogba. Not allot of people know about him yet but he is a serious prospect. I would love if we could poach him from those rats

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top