abister1
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,302
- Reaction score
- 1,423
Just thinking out loud here. I think she's done very well for this club and is rightfully one of Roman's most trusted lieutenants.
Inside sources say Granovskaia takes no prisoners when it comes to negotiations, be it transfer deals or new contracts.
She's also been at the centre of many big signings, and its been said no agent or player will get the better of her. She always works hard to strike the best deals in Chelsea's favour.
Could this be a reason why it's becoming difficult to sign players from other clubs? Maybe they feel like they have to take their pound of flesh as she would do if on the other side of the table. I mean some of our player out deals she has conducted were just unbelievable.
Now I'm not as upset as some are about further strengthening the squad but obviously I can see it's more difficult for us to get deals over the line than it was 3-5 years ago.
I know the market has changed but there are clubs with means (we are too) still getting deals done.
Just wondered if anyone else has this perspective.
As an aside I read somewhere Costa is one of her favourites in the team. Wonder if this status emboldened his actions?
Inside sources say Granovskaia takes no prisoners when it comes to negotiations, be it transfer deals or new contracts.
She's also been at the centre of many big signings, and its been said no agent or player will get the better of her. She always works hard to strike the best deals in Chelsea's favour.
Could this be a reason why it's becoming difficult to sign players from other clubs? Maybe they feel like they have to take their pound of flesh as she would do if on the other side of the table. I mean some of our player out deals she has conducted were just unbelievable.
Now I'm not as upset as some are about further strengthening the squad but obviously I can see it's more difficult for us to get deals over the line than it was 3-5 years ago.
I know the market has changed but there are clubs with means (we are too) still getting deals done.
Just wondered if anyone else has this perspective.
As an aside I read somewhere Costa is one of her favourites in the team. Wonder if this status emboldened his actions?