It's the gift that keeps on giving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Baby

Win or lose, up the Blues
Messages
8,317
Reaction score
3,631
I don't know about you guys, but today feels even better than last night.

I have still not come back down to earth.

I am in my 40s, I first went to Chelsea when I was 7, stood on the Shed.

I have never been so proud to be a Chelsea fan. I have never been so happy after a game. Never. It was, and remains, the most incredible feeling.

When their 2nd went in, I knew it was all over. All that anticipation, all that waiting, all that talk of revenge, it was over. It was meaningless. We were out. I knew it you knew it everyone in the crowd knew everyone watching knew it. The Barcelona players knew it. It was party time as far as they were concerned, it was going to be one long fiesta, they were going to play tiki-taka all night, Xavi Iniesta Messi, in front of their congregation in front of an admiring world in front of the swooning Michel Platini. It was over. It was over. It was over. How could we get the ball? How could we score? Our players were booked for dissent. They would miss the final. It didn't matter. The final was a pipedream they could all get banned for all I cared. We were out.

I just cannot believe what I witnessed. Thank you Chelsea. Thank you my beautiful Chelsea. You will bring me pain you will bring me joy but last night will never be forgotten. Ever.

It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Enjoy guys. It doesn't get much better than this.

 
I always believed, we had the edge over Barca and I knew we'd get back into it. Holding on at 2-1 I was a little apprehensive but thought the 10 lion hearts out there wouldn't give up. So happy right now.

 
Have to give credit to my dad, he told me we would manage and even when Messi got the peno he said he would miss - unbelieveable.

I love you, Chelsea FC.

 
Have to give credit to my dad, he told me we would manage and even when Messi got the peno he said he would miss - unbelieveable.

I love you, Chelsea FC.
We certainly seem to have the sign over Messi! That's 8 games he's played against us without scoring, and these 2 he's missed some really good chances and actually was at fault for our goal at SB.

 
Well said Davey, to coin a football phrase........

I'm over the moon!

Still

 
What's even more crazy is I got a call for a company that wants to hire me five minutes after the game ended. I could hardly talk to the guy all that was running threw my mind was Torres's goal.

 
outlaw and a bin dipper.....sort of goes hand in hand.....fancy leaving the email addy out in the open... things like that can be added to mailing lists.....hmmmmmmmmmm

 
I had the biggest smile on my face all day today in work, such a great feeling walking into work this morning.

 
Yes Davey, you have just put my thoughts into words so beautifully.

You have to love the bin dippers taking time out of their busy schedule of layng on the sofa watching Jeremy Kyle in their shell suits to visit a Chelsea fan site to try and score a point due to JT being suspended for the final! ::clap2::

 
I love the day after wins like this you get to walk around smirking like a smug git all day!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top