It's time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed Moos doesn't fancy Rutger Hauer! :wink:

P.S. 2019 is getting very close!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
2019 is getting very close!
2015 is even closer. It's just four years and we'll have shoes that tie their laces automatically, jackets that dry theirselves and adjust their size according to the wearer's bodysize, and... AND! Hovering skateboards! :happy001:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the great scenes in movies.


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for those wxwax! I can't hear the sirtaki music without wanting to dance - the dance looks deceptively easy... and I'd forgotten how amazing Melina Mercouri was - she was a far bigger star in France than she ever was in the UK.

 
The Graduate and Zorba the Greek are both movies that remind me of my parents. I'm not sure if I ever watched the movies with them, but both remind me of them because of the music and I connect those songs with my childhood. It was my father who loved the music in Zorba and when I was a kid and I think we had a vinyl which had the sirtaki music from the movie, because I remember hearing that quite a bit. My mother loved Simon & Garfunkel when she was young and still likes to listen to those songs, which is why the Graduate reminds me of her. Another one that reminds me of my parents is The Sting:

http://youtu.be/wfB-ZG_nvbo

And this is actually because of the movie. I remember they told my brother and me that they went to see it when they went on a date before getting married and they absolutely loved it. It was one of their favourite movies for a while, but they didn't like quite as much when they saw it a second time(it was on the telly). I think it was because they could still remember all the twists and turns in the plot. Well, I like it a lot and liked it much more when saw it a second time. I didn't like it as much when I was a kid for some reason, but when I saw it again about 5-7 years, I liked it more. And here's the theme music as a bonus:


 
Well since this seems to have turned into a place for film scenes you enjoyed:


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lee Van Cleef, a very underrated actor.

Eli Wallach - perfect for that part in The GBU.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top