I've had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it seems the point of my post has been somewhat lost along the way, as some posters have chosen to focus on one aspect of my post, and ignore the rest.

Are those who have denounced me as 'fairweather' annoyed because I have criticised the way we are playing of late, or simply because they feel I have not been supporting Chelsea long enough to be allowed to do so?-which for the record is actually 14 years (I said 10 or so as I didn't think it was that important, clearly I was wrong)

Bluebeard (sorry to include you) and others agree with me regarding our performances of late, but no one has had a go at them. Clearly, many have been supporting Chelsea longer than me (and many haven't), but am I to take it then that there is a cut-off point, a year after which you become fairweather and no amount of support from the club from this moment onwards makes you a 'true' fan? Bit pathetic if so, don't you think?

I have posted on this forum for years now, way back when it was in the old, old format, and this is one of the few times when i've come out and had a pop at the way we are playing, as given the money we now have, and the players and manager we now have, it has been poor of late.

What you miscontrued Just, is that my saying i've had enough meant that I no longer intend to follow Chelsea just because i'm exasperated at the way we are playing as of late, and you have run with that idea, despite the fact that I have reaffirmed my support in the subsequent post.

Not once have I said I will give up on us, and I never will. I am, however, perfectly entitled to have a go at our performances of late, as they have not been what you would expect from a team with such talent in it. Perhaps, just perhaps, Just et al, my post shows the amount I care for the club, rather than the spoilt brat ranting of a 'fairweather fan?'

I would hope that those who have been on the forums for a while would have faith that it is the former.

I am not the first to criticise the club, the players and the manager this season, and I certainly won't be the last. If it helps, I apologise for the sensationalist tone of my post heading, but the assumptions that have been made as a result about the entire nature of my support and love for the club, are a bit extreme to say the least.

Fair enough?

 
I think the next logical step is for us all to agree that Tim is a big fat stupid and move on.

 
Ok, it seems the point of my post has been somewhat lost along the way, as some posters have chosen to focus on one aspect of my post, and ignore the rest.Are those who have denounced me as 'fairweather' annoyed because I have criticised the way we are playing of late, or simply because they feel I have not been supporting Chelsea long enough to be allowed to do so?-which for the record is actually 14 years (I said 10 or so as I didn't think it was that important, clearly I was wrong)

Bluebeard (sorry to include you) and others agree with me regarding our performances of late, but no one has had a go at them. Clearly, many have been supporting Chelsea longer than me (and many haven't), but am I to take it then that there is a cut-off point, a year after which you become fairweather and no amount of support from the club from this moment onwards makes you a 'true' fan? Bit pathetic if so, don't you think?

I have posted on this forum for years now, way back when it was in the old, old format, and this is one of the few times when i've come out and had a pop at the way we are playing, as given the money we now have, and the players and manager we now have, it has been poor of late.

What you miscontrued Just, is that my saying i've had enough meant that I no longer intend to follow Chelsea just because i'm exasperated at the way we are playing as of late, and you have run with that idea, despite the fact that I have reaffirmed my support in the subsequent post.

Not once have I said I will give up on us, and I never will. I am, however, perfectly entitled to have a go at our performances of late, as they have not been what you would expect from a team with such talent in it. Perhaps, just perhaps, Just et al, my post shows the amount I care for the club, rather than the spoilt brat ranting of a 'fairweather fan?'

I would hope that those who have been on the forums for a while would have faith that it is the former.

I am not the first to criticise the club, the players and the manager this season, and I certainly won't be the last. If it helps, I apologise for the sensationalist tone of my post heading, but the assumptions that have been made as a result about the entire nature of my support and love for the club, are a bit extreme to say the least.

Fair enough?
Good post Tim, you were spot on.

And I'm betting that in dispite all the frustration you're venting you (as me) are still ansious for the weekend's match and hopefull that we'll win and get back on track.

It's sh*t. I know.
icon_wink.gif


 
BJD, that, surely, was never in doubt.
icon_wink.gif


Anyway, im off to support LA Galaxy now they have David Beckenham. (JOKE, just case I have to spell it out)

PS: Sofa M-clearly. that goes without saying 8)

 
No problem. Let's meet up at the Peli for the Wycombe home leg and re-affirm Tim's support. I'll even buy the re-affirming fluids.

And if we lose, so what ? Let's re-affirm it some more afterwards.

 
No worries Just, maybe we can re-affirm your support for Robben at the same time.
icon_wink.gif


 
But that's what being a supporter has always been about - especially for a historically inconsistent club like ours - you have to take the bad with the good.
If you have to explain this point to people Nibs, you're wasting your breath. They have no idea, not a clue about real support.

They are fair weather fans. Yes Tim, you included. Fair weather fans. Honestly, the visting Mancs and Scousers on here must be laughing their tits off at this, "I've had enough" thread.

The last ten or so years you say ? Well my friend every single one of those years have been a glory filled cavalcade compared with the many long and dark years that went before. Hoddle, Guillit, Vialli, Ranieri, Jose
moaning.gif
?

Try watching a few years of Blanchflower, Shilletto, Hurst, Porterfield. In fact try watching ten years of that mate. Try spending your hard earned acker travelling around the country watching us get beat by the likes of Rotherham, Forest, Preston, Shrewsbury. Because that what's real football supporters do. Supporters like the many people who have followed this great club through really dire times.

So, to sum up, slag the quality of the football or the tatics if you must, but "I've had enough" ? Get a farking grip mate.
Well bloody said, Just! You have summed up everything I feel about this.

As for drawing attention to the Mancs and Scousers whom we all love to slag off - I have always envied their total loyalty to their clubs - even when their teams have been playing sh*te. Whether its the northerner in me, I have always been loyal to the Blues, even when following them home and away in the second bloody division! Ok, Ok, I know we can't be blind blue-tinted supporters all the time, and healthy debate is good for us all - but for fark's sake - we should be really getting behind the boys now, when it matters.

I really begin to wonder, after 37 years of support, whether this moaning and groaning is actually part of the Chelsea fan make-up, you know. I can remember having a conversation with a lad way back in 1980 on a return trip home on the supporters' train. 'We always moan, don't we?' he said. 'Even when we win, we moan.'

Nothing's changed - 20-odd years on and two Premiership titles later.

 
I never thought that you were leaving us Tim, maybe the title was a bit misleading. One thing though, that peeves me slightly, is that you have to justify your support to fellow Chelsea fans.

This site is meant to be about coming on, talking about Chelsea past and present and how you feel about the way we are performing, what you think the team will be for the weekend, who are we going to sign, who do we need back, why did we sell so many players and not cover their departure.

However, it shouldn't be a place where there is some form of snobbery, where the boys who have been around for longer (solely because of when they were born) looking down at us younger ones, accusing us of being fairweather fans, just for stating that we are pissed off with the way we are currently playing.

I WISH I was able to see Cooke, Nevin, Ossie and players like that perform for Chelsea. Unfortunatley, I never did. I started with players like Stein in the side (about the same time as Tim, I would guess.) I saw us beat Man U twice in the league...Peacock. And then lose to them in the FA cup final that same year. So I know what it is like to go through the good and bad. Maybe though, our bad isn't comparable to other's bad because they were around when things were far worse.

However, I don't think this should be a debate about who has suffered the most with Chelsea! It is great that we are now regulars in Europe, it is great that we can dream of taking the EPL, because they were far off dreams when I started following the club. When we won the CWC I thought that was the best it could EVER get. Now Ihave dreams of us winning the CL, how sweet that is!!

Anyway, I know we are all not going to agree on here, and that is part of the fun of a forum, it gives an arena to debate. But some of us have been on here for a long time, and have made some good points over the years, and who says the next person that comes on here, that may have only been following Chelsea since 99, will not continue to follow them all the way through their life. IF it were a club only for the old brigade, the club would soon be in financial ruin becuase there would be no, new, fairweather fans to continue the Chelsea elgacy

Scott

 
Sigh. Scott there is no snobbery involved here.

The title of Tim's thread and the entire content and tone of his opening post led myself and others to believe he was calling it a day. Jacking it in. He'd had enough, (that afterall is the title of this thread). My reply was based on that assumption.

If you read Nibs' reply to that post, although not as strongly worded as mine, you'll see he thought exactly the same thing.

Through his subsequent posts Tim has made it clear he is still Chelsea and always will be. I am happy to accept that I was mistaken in my initial assumption and will buy him a beer at the home leg to apologise.

 
I am happy to accept that I was mistaken in my initial assumption and will buy him a beer at the home leg to apologise.
No. Not good enough. Apologise again.

 
I am happy to accept that I was mistaken in my initial assumption and will buy him a beer at the home leg to apologise.
No. Not good enough. Apologise again.
To right Liam and Just should throw in a bit of groveling for good measure , Glory Boy New Fan !

 
Word has got round that Just is buying booze as acts of apologies.

Jimmy has just put in a demand for a vineyard in California.

 
Sigh. Scott there is no snobbery involved here.The title of Tim's thread and the entire content and tone of his opening post led myself and others to believe he was calling it a day. Jacking it in. He'd had enough, (that afterall is the title of this thread). My reply was based on that assumption.

If you read Nibs' reply to that post, although not as strongly worded as mine, you'll see he thought exactly the same thing.

Through his subsequent posts Tim has made it clear he is still Chelsea and always will be. I am happy to accept that I was mistaken in my initial assumption and will buy him a beer at the home leg to apologise.
simply not good enought, far more grovelling demanded, you snob!

 
Just for the record....

- Chelsea underperforming?

- Rubbish Xmas results?

- War between chairman and manager?

- War between manager and high profile player?

- Various fans throwing toys out of prams?

Feels like home again!

 
Just for the record....- Chelsea underperforming?

- Rubbish Xmas results?

- War between chairman and manager?

- War between manager and high profile player?

- Various fans throwing toys out of prams?

Feels like home again!
well some of the old boys wanted chelsea the way it used to be...be careful what you wish for!

 
Tim if you're at the game tonight I will be in the Peli about 6.00-6.30ish to buy you a beer.

I'll be with a few others standing by the fire exit doors close to the bogs. Extremely good looking fella, with very little hair and wearing either a Lambretta hoodie or a white parka. Somewhere close to me will be a little chubby fella with a bottle of Bud in his hand.

Hope you can make it.

 
Very kind of you Just, but sadly will not be attending. Had a ticket promised to me by a mate, but his dad now wants to go, which is fair enough, but that leaves me up sh*t creek.

Gutted, as haven't been able to afford many games this season, but guess i'll be watching it in a Gooner pub in North London
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
Extremely good looking fella, with very little hair and wearing either a Lambretta hoodie or a white parka.
Sorry Just you must be mistaken. I won't be there tonight.

 
Tim if you're at the game tonight I will be in the Peli about 6.00-6.30ish to buy you a beer.I'll be with a few others standing by the fire exit doors close to the bogs. Extremely good looking fella, with very little hair and wearing either a Lambretta hoodie or a white parka. Somewhere close to me will be a little chubby fella with a bottle of Bud in his hand.

Hope you can make it.
And just to get this straight, i am NOT the chuuby little bloke with a Bud in his hand, I prefer a nice cole Peroni !!!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top