Jamie Gittens joins Chelsea

Can’t see where he get mins from, and they will need to take a big hit on his value when he is loaned out next season
For me one of Gittens or Mudryk has to go out on loan. On quality, frankly I am not bothered which one goes out and which one stays

 
Xabi seems to be taking every competition seriously this season so I fail to see where he gets any minutes staying here.

Loan seems the best option for all parties at this stage.

£60,000,000 and needs a loan just so we’re all on the same page.

 
This guy is absolute crap. Softest player to ever put on a Chelsea shirt. I wouldn't care if he never played a game for us again.

 
Everyone called it when the news came out that we were offering 60M for him. Even the most basic of football analysis could tell he wasn't worth close to what we were paying for him and he didn't improve us. Utterly bizarre signing.

 
This guy is absolute crap. Softest player to ever put on a Chelsea shirt. I wouldn't care if he never played a game for us again.
Absolutely awful. I was so happy when Dortmund tried to out price us but we still matched the fee. He's exactly how I expected him to be. Absolute trash. Some players you can just tell they won't be any good before kicking a ball and he's one of them. As was Jackson. Crap option off the bench too. Fuming

 
I feel for him he didn’t ask to be bought for £60 million we have been fleeced royally here and whoever was responsible for this signing shouldn’t be anywhere near transfers. f**king clowns!!

 
I feel for him he didn’t ask to be bought for £60 million we have been fleeced royally here and whoever was responsible for this signing shouldn’t be anywhere near transfers. f**king clowns!!
Yes, I too feel sorry for the incompetent young man who went from a paltry 45K a week to a measly 108K a week, guaranteed for the next 7 years, to play for the biggest club in England.

Totally agree on whoever did the scouting for this one deserving hanging, drawing and quartering from the Tower however.

 
Hes not gonna feature much for Alonso this year doesnt look hungry, in fact he looks nervous, wouldnt be surprised if he didnt like football.

Loaned or sold in January or summer. Never gonna make it here.

 
I don't know what to make of him TBH. Personally I think he has ability and a bit of physicality that I like. But he has absolutely zero confidence. Looks completely terrified most of the time.

 
I think his only chance to make it here is if we start playing a 4-2-3-1 and Rogers gets a bad injury. Maybe not even then. Looks like a player who desperately needs to be a big fish in a small pond somewehere, I'd be flabbergasted if he's not loaned somewhere in January

 
I don't know what to make of him TBH. Personally I think he has ability and a bit of physicality that I like. But he has absolutely zero confidence. Looks completely terrified most of the time.
Mentality questionable as you say just looks terrified some of the time.

Compare that to Barco - made an error which was costly however put it behind him, didn't hide and showed great heart, determination and character in an impressive performance.

 
Mentality questionable as you say just looks terrified some of the time.

Compare that to Barco - made an error which was costly however put it behind him, didn't hide and showed great heart, determination and character in an impressive performance.
Loved that about Barco yesterday. Had an awful game in parts, were to blame for a goal directly but didn’t hide and got his reward in the end. Thats how you make it at the highest level

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Being reported that Roma wanted to take Gittens to Serie A on loan, and we have knocked them back saying he will be staying with our 1st team squad this season.
Even if we were to loan him really don't see what how loan outside of the premier League would really help him, another season playing in a less challenging physical environment in which he may do ok (as per in Germany) but comes back in the Pre and think he will face exactly the same issues as he does now.

Just think any loan has to be in the Prem, have to know if he can cut it in this league or not playing regularly. if not then might as well sell rather than constant loans to Leagues which no nothing to prepare or help him adapt to the Premier League

 
Yes, I too feel sorry for the incompetent young man who went from a paltry 45K a week to a measly 108K a week, guaranteed for the next 7 years, to play for the biggest club in England.

Totally agree on whoever did the scouting for this one deserving hanging, drawing and quartering from the Tower however.
He’s still a human irrespective of his ability as a footballer

 
Mentality questionable as you say just looks terrified some of the time.

Compare that to Barco - made an error which was costly however put it behind him, didn't hide and showed great heart, determination and character in an impressive performance.
I think at times people overlook how crucial self‑reliance is. You can be absurdly talented, but if you don’t back yourself when the pressure hits, you’ll never become who you should be.

RLC was, in my eyes, the most gifted Cobham product since Terry. The issue was never ability; it was that hint of timidness. With real mental steel and confidence, he’d have taken off the way Bellingham did.

 
He’s still a human irrespective of his ability as a footballer
A human that is going to earn 5.5M this year and the next 5 years as well for doing less work than he was doing at Dortmund?

What is there to feel sorry for? He’s secured one of the most employee friendly guaranteed contracts in the world, will have generational wealth and won’t have to do much for it.

I would love to be sh*te at my job, ergo giving me less responsibility and get paid double for the privilege.

He’s a sh*t footballer. It’s BlueCo’s fault for spunking 60M on him and he is only financially benefitting from the situation. Absolutely 0 reason to feel sorry for him, the only people to feel sorry for, is us fans, if he sees the pitch again.

 
Back
Top