Jamie Vardy

Not the glamour signing many would like, sometimes teams need a player like Vardy prepared to graft. He's a menace to defenders, gives them no rest and can punish teams who try to press high and leave space. His movement too would leave space for the likes of Hazard to exploit. Really can't see him coming here, the fee likely would be too high for a player of his age and to be honest Leicester would be adverse to seeing leave. 
He's the sort of player you adore when he's your own and detest when he's not. That's usually a sign of a decent player as well. There is good reason Arsenal wanted him, your manager fancies him, Diego Simeone raved about him and Mourinho has sought him out personally to give him praise . He's never going to be silky smooth, but he just adds something a bit different. He's dismantled United, Liverpool, City single-handedly previously and got a brace against Arsenal several times.

I know I've been on here bigging up him, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Kante last year. But really outside of those four (and now N'Didi & Maguire) I wouldn't do it about our other players. They were the ones who always had something extra about them, another level up.

 
I think he'd be lost in our system. We all know what he could do with his style of player, but I doubt Conte would change his style for Vardy, and he will struggle when he doesn't the early ball in space.

 
Thanks for your insight. It’s a great strategic move to “spend more money”.

I’m buying a house at the moment. I’d much rather buy a place with an underground swimming pool, on site gym etc than the 2 bed place I’m actually getting. But you know what....I don’t have the money! 

We are trying to be a financially stable club.

Additionally, Arsenal have actually spent more money than us over the past 5 years. Their problems are down to their manager not buying the right players, not with them not spending enough.
But would you expect your house to win home of the year or challenge for other major honors if you got budget drapes and no extra features though? Why not just build a shed if financial stability is all that matters.

Chucking 40 million at a player that isn't the right player is hardly a cheap option, it has to be the right player, which at least we agree on and has been my point all along.

I'm not convinced Vardy is the right player is all I'm saying.

 
But would you expect your house to win home of the year or challenge for other major honors if you got budget drapes and no extra features though? Why not just build a shed if financial stability is all that matters.

Chucking 40 million at a player that isn't the right player is hardly a cheap option, it has to be the right player, which at least we agree on and has been my point all along.

I'm not convinced Vardy is the right player is all I'm saying.
Then your argument should be how we should spend our 40million better, not "other clubs spend more, we spend more". 

If we don't have the money, we dont have the money. End of. No I wouldnt expect my house to challenge for major honours - I dont expect Chelsea to win the league - City + United should walk it. If we come third then great. 

 
Back
Top