January 2026 Transfer Window

All the ins and outs of this window

Mamadou_Sarr_Chelsea_Strasbourg
January transfer window 2026: All the Chelsea ins, outs a...
 
Stoke City are set to sign exciting teenage winger Ato Ampah from Chelsea in a permanent deal.

Stoke will land the England U20 international for an undisclosed fee, pending completion of a medical. 
Fee rising to £3m. £2m more than Castledine to Boro.

 
Given how little action Sarr, Anselmino and Paez have had since SDs/BlueCo messed about with their loans in January, I think it's fair to say that all these decisions are proving extremely poor in terms of development for those three players.

 
I'm surprised Lamps hasn't looked to take any of our youngsters on loan, bearing in mind Coventry's form has dropped off a cliff lately. That said, I don't know how good our youngsters are these days. Was a time when I was well up with them and knew the decent ones but other than Ibrahim Rabbaj (the new Messi!), I don't know if there are any that would do well in The Championship.
Speaking of Rabbaj, he's already on Barcelona's radar now, even though Barça's academy is literally stacked with players of his profile.

I still dream that at least Ibrahim stays at Chelsea and fulfills his potential here, but with our board's current vision and the obsession with "pure profit" from academy sales, that's highly unlikely to happen. They'll probably just cash in on him too...

 
Back
Top