Job interview:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Only one 23
Messages
35,250
Reaction score
22,175
I have a job interview tomorrow morning. :unsure:

I work for a department of the Amsterdam Municipality, but I have been on loan to a different (temporary) department. That loan ends by the end of this year. The powers that be have decided the kind of work we do is too important to shut down, so it should merge with yet another huge department. Are you still with me?

Unfortunately, due to the credit crunch and some major financial setbacks in digging for a new tube line, this huge department has to cut about 15% from its budget. Last week I was told that they won't take me into their service, because part of the work I do is already done by others (finances, coordinating stuff for the council, things like that). And although I do other work as well, that other work may be dropped because of the budget cuts. It means I have to go back to my department of origin, where there is no suitable work for me anymore. I've been away on loan for almost 4 years, so others have taken my place. Not a nice situation to look forward to, especially if you keep in mind that budget cuts are to be implemented there as well. And if there is not enough work for everyone, guess to whom they will be looking to get rid of? Yup, to me.

So this morning I had a chat with someone, and she knew of a department, that need to fill a position by January, 1. It so happens that it is more or less the kind of work I have been doing. And, irony of ironies: it is at the department dealing with that new tube line :lol: They were interested in talking to me, because of my experience and my availability (that almost sounds as if my next line of business will be providing sexual services :) ).

The position hasn't been advertised yet, so that's a good thing. The bad thing is, I'm not completely sure what the job will entail, but I suppose I will find out tomorrow. Hopefully it's going to come up roses, but I'm nervous already.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

 
Best of Luck, Val! :unsure:

X Fingers crossed X :lol:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a job interview tomorrow morning. :unsure: I work for a department of the Amsterdam Municipality, but I have been on loan to a different (temporary) department. That loan ends by the end of this year. The powers that be have decided the kind of work we do is too important to shut down, so it should merge with yet another huge department. Are you still with me?

Unfortunately, due to the credit crunch and some major financial setbacks in digging for a new tube line, this huge department has to cut about 15% from its budget. Last week I was told that they won't take me into their service, because part of the work I do is already done by others (finances, coordinating stuff for the council, things like that). And although I do other work as well, that other work may be dropped because of the budget cuts. It means I have to go back to my department of origin, where there is no suitable work for me anymore. I've been away on loan for almost 4 years, so others have taken my place. Not a nice situation to look forward to, especially if you keep in mind that budget cuts are to be implemented there as well. And if there is not enough work for everyone, guess to whom they will be looking to get rid of? Yup, to me.

So this morning I had a chat with someone, and she knew of a department, that need to fill a position by January, 1. It so happens that it is more or less the kind of work I have been doing. And, irony of ironies: it is at the department dealing with that new tube line :lol: They were interested in talking to me, because of my experience and my availability (that almost sounds as if my next line of business will be providing sexual services :) ).

The position hasn't been advertised yet, so that's a good thing. The bad thing is, I'm not completely sure what the job will entail, but I suppose I will find out tomorrow. Hopefully it's going to come up roses, but I'm nervous already.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
I will cross absolutely everything for you, Val! Don't be afraid to ask them for details of what the job entails, so that you can show them your skills match what they need. You go out and sell yourself! Look forward to hearing the next instalment!

 
Never wrong to be experienced and available - Good Luck Val

 
I'm rooting ya Val!

If I was interviewing you'd get the job without any shadow of a doubt, good luck.

 
Good luck Val, I am proof that the crunch of credit can be beaten, and i'm sure you'll do brilliantly.

Maybe you should put The Shed End forward if they ask for references?

 
Good luck Val :-) .. hope you had a good time at the weekend, I am truely sorry I missed this one.

If you need a reference, I can tell them your good points :unsure:

 
Wear the same bra you did on Saturday - it'll be a doddle. By the way I was going to cross several things for you but when I treid crossing my eyes I walked into the wall so you'll have to do without me doing the cross-eyes thingy.

Knock 'em dead.

 
All the best - if you aren't successful you can always move to the UK and live a life of sin with Plokoon

 
Go get 'em, Val. I hope you get the job.

One suggestion though. Don't show to much of your breasts. It has never worked for me.

 
You have been on loan for 4 years? You and Hernan Crespo have a lot in common!

Best of luck, Val.

 
::clap2:: Moos

Best of luck Val, as others have said we're all rooting for you! Let us know how it all goes - they'd be a FOOL not to hire you

xxx

 
Will be thinking of you Val and keeping everything crossed.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top