Joe Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Brit and Kev here. Did he soil his copy book with the manner of his departure and club of choice? A bit, yes. But to gloat over his obvious downfall and delight in his poor form seems a bit much. Can't we let it go? He's no Poyet.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
people forget too that he barely got a game last season...some would say rightly given his form...but then why act with such condemnation that he left...

chelsea clearly didn't want him to stay...people keep saying it was just about money...well no-one complained when frank, jt etc got a payrise after being linked with moves away...if they valued him they would given him more money too, but they didn't...

besides Joe didn't want to be on the bench anymore...I personally think his biggest mistake was joining liverscum...he would have been better off staying in London and dare I say it being reunited with Harry at S****...at least he would have been playing for a club that is in form and a manager that believes in him...me thinks he will be back at west ham soon

 
Joe was a class player who I have lots of good memories of. The United goal is the standout but far from the only one. It's sad to see so many Chelsea fans now trashing him because he joined Liverpool when we didn't want/need him any more. I also find it laughable to suggest he only had one good season for us.

 
Joe Cole needs to leave Anfield and find himself a challenge at a mid-table club with promise where he can play his game with a boss who'll let him and team mates that'll appreciate his talents.

Now, if only there was a mid-table club with promise ..............

 
His goals against the dippers comes to mind as does the goal at home against United '06, the goal at Old Toilet last season and his cross to Drogba in Munich in '05.

Have always seen him as an integral part of the 04/05 and 05/06 winning team and will forever be grateful for his contributions to Chelsea FC.

However he was injury prone for the last couple of seasons and thought he was a bit unrealistic demanding higher wages to sign a new contract with us.

He never really came back from the injury last season, bar the goal at OT.

Shame to see his decline to be honest but I'm not surprised. Deserves a proper welcome when the dippers comes to town in a couple of weeks.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was happy as a pig in sh*t when Joe Cole left Chelsea, only thing I was unhappy about was he didn't leave two years before. On his day he was great, but those days were very rare, most of the time he'd spend the game trying step-overs and tricks which rarely came off. The most infuriating thing was that he'd try these tricks when we were losing with about 10 minutes left, very much a player who put himself before the team.

 
Joey was my favourite player while he was with us, not that I thought he was a great player..I just liked him and when he did play to the best of his ability he was almost great.

That said I knew he'd had his best days and it was likely time to go maybe a couple of seasons ago. slag him off though? no way and I will remember his days as I remember other old favourites like Zola, Cooke, ossie Wisey and co.

I don't care where he plays or how badly, there will always be twenty odd players wearing the same shirt I'd laugh at or slag off before him.

 
He gave us a good couple of years, but never really hit the heights we all hoped for. Or at least never consistently anyway. The only bitterness I have towards him is the lack of gratitude and thanks he gave us the fans, fans who backed him all the way, even through the times when he was struggling for form. Yet I can only remember one time when he thanked us in passing, but then immediately went in to the same old spiel about Liverpools fans, their istory etc.....was very disappointed in him over that.

 
He gave us a good couple of years, but never really hit the heights we all hoped for. Or at least never consistently anyway. The only bitterness I have towards him is the lack of gratitude and thanks he gave us the fans, fans who backed him all the way, even through the times when he was struggling for form. Yet I can only remember one time when he thanked us in passing, but then immediately went in to the same old spiel about Liverpools fans, their istory etc.....was very disappointed in him over that.
and for that reason alone I say "f**k him"

I used to like him as a player but he always talked a better game than he produced on the pitch. In all his years at Chelsea he didn't deliver often enough imo.

When he arrived at Liverscum he was constantly on the tv, proclaiming that he'd joined the best club in the world blah blah blah. Maybe it would have been wiser to kep his mouth shut and do his talking on the pitch. I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever.

 
Good evening, mates! (to those who remember me).

I`ve missed a couple of years here. (because Lozzy banned me, son of a b*tch). But that`s ok.

I`m glad to be here again.

About the topic:

The last time I talked about Joey here (in Mourinho and after-Mourinho eras :laugh2: ) everyone used to call him as one of the best English and Chelsea player, our main flairholder and a nice guy too. It seems the moods have strongly changed since that.

I can agree with Brit, maybe the lack of loyalty to Chelsea is caused by the enormous amount of time he spent on the bench during his last year at Chelsea.

That`s something any player would like never to remind about. And, of course, never in positive mood. Probably, he blames Chelsea for his inability to find his best at Pool.

For example,

If tomorrow Zhirkov would leave someting tells me he would never say "I thank Chelsea for the time I spend there....It was a great experience for me..." and so on.

And, obviously, Zhirkov is going Joey`s steps right now.

Sometimes, it`s normally when a player forgets (want a forget) about his former club.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Feel sorry for the bloke to be honest.

I wasn't happy with him wanting more cash when he was contributing less (contrast that with Ballack who was willing to take a big pay cut to stay and was arguably contributing more) and I wasn't happy with the way he carried on about Anfield on European nights and then did the 5 finger salute to the United fans as if he had loved them and not Chelsea his whole life.

But despite all that, he played here for six or so years during which we were very successful and he scored one of my favourite ever Chelsea goals to help us win the title. Those two things mean I hope he gets back on the horse, unless of course he goes down the Wayne Bridge path and makes us forget about his great goal and general contribution by being a tit and then joining Spammers. That I do not forgive.

 
Good evening, mates! (to those who remember me).

I`ve missed a couple of years here. (because Lozzy banned me, son of a b*tch). But that`s ok.

I`m glad to be here again.

About the topic:

The last time I talked about Joey here (in Mourinho and after-Mourinho eras :laugh2: ) everyone used to call him as one of the best English and Chelsea player, our main flairholder and a nice guy too. It seems the moods have strongly changed since that.

I can agree with Brit, maybe the lack of loyalty to Chelsea is caused by the enormous amount of time he spent on the bench during his last year at Chelsea.

That`s something any player would like never to remind about. And, of course, never in positive mood. Probably, he blames Chelsea for his inability to find his best at Pool.

For example,

If tomorrow Zhirkov would leave someting tells me he would never say "I thank Chelsea for the time I spend there....It was a great experience for me..." and so on.

And, obviously, Zhirkov is going Joey`s steps right now.

Sometimes, it`s normally when a player forgets (want a forget) about his former club.
Welcome back, Sergey! Your English has improved enormously while you've been banned. Loz obviously did you a favour by giving you time to study! :laugh2:

 
I wasn't happy with the way he carried on about Anfield on European nights and then did the 5 finger salute to the United fans as if he had loved them and not Chelsea his whole life
I read a lot of interviews with new signings who generally go down the...

"I enjoyed my time immensely at <club>, I have friends there and I'll always remember the club fondly. I am now looking forward to playing for <different club> and hope to win lots of trophies and be part of their successful History"

It isn't hard, it really isn't. That said, I think Joe is the thickest footballer out there, so I'm not surprised. I don’t know why I think we deserved more from him in his first interview – after all what right do I have? But after Frank, his song was sung the loudest. Every time he warmed up along the side lines there was a roar.

I pity him in some ways, I don’t think he realised the support he had at Chelsea, I genuinely don’t. I think it hurts more because I thought he was one of us… I’ll never forget players like Duffa, Robben, Crespo, Maka, Ricky… who all left after their time was up but never felt the need to suck up to their new fans to gain approval.

I’ll remember Joe for his two goals against Man Utd and the one against Arsenal in 2005/06 (when our hoodoo was officially over), but I wish I had more.

 
I must admit I was never one of those "Joey is world class" believers. While he's had his momemts over the years they were few and far between.

His remarks directed at our club since he went to Anfield have been ungrateful. Scouser fans treat him like the "second coming". Then he comes up with a missed penalty and sending off for starters. Surely they are slowly beginning to realise he is not the player he was touted to be.

Joe should be thankful to Chelsea for bringing him from West Ham to the Bridge, paying him a salary he wouldn't have got anywhere else and nursing him through numerous long term injuries.

I don't believe he deserved a starting place in our squad and was not surprised the club had the courage to overlook sentiment and let him go. In my opinion, he went too far in his "undying love" for all thiings Scouser.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top