Juan Mata at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Maskimov. Thought it coulld be something along those lines

 
I think you need to be under 21 when the qualifying campaign starts, not when the final tournament takes place.
And isn't there a rule with U21s that you're allowed one or two U23s anyway? Something like that.

 
And isn't there a rule with U21s that you're allowed one or two U23s anyway? Something like that.
Maybe you are thinking about the rule from the Olympic Football Tournament?

The Olympic Football Tournament is an under-23 competition where three players over the age of 23 are allowed to be added to the squad.

I remember Ronaldinho being selected for Brazil u-23's.

Link

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Maksimov is correct thats why Mancienne qualifies to play for England U21s when he's 23 already.

 
Maybe you are thinking about the rule from the Olympic Football Tournament?

The Olympic Football Tournament is an under-23 competition where three players over the age of 23 are allowed to be added to the squad.

I remember Ronaldinho being selected for Brazil u-23's.

Link
Ahhhh, that's the one! My mistake!

 
I think its safe to say this is not going to happen... Guilleme Balague who in my opinion KNOWS his sh*t about the Spanish league! Claims that there is 3 clubs from England interested in Juan Mata, being City, Utd and Liverpool. He said no offer has been made by any club for his services but Valencia would be willing to let him go for anything between 17 - 20million euros which is about 14/15 million pounds I think. He said it on this weeks Revista De La Liga so Im guessin we are not seriously looking at him (yet maybe).

 
Guilleme Balague who in my opinion KNOWS his sh*t about the Spanish league!
Your one of a very small club then, as most people I know think he talks absolute bo**ocks pretty much all of the time.

 
Mail saying Arsenal have tabled an £18m bid.

Would be worried if this goes through ...about Mata's sense obviously.

 
I would be happy if we made a play for him. Very talented young player.

Don't think we've had many links to him recently, but I'd be very happy if the club looked to bring in him and Thiago. The two of them would come a fair bit cheaper (not cheap by any means, but cheaper), than most the players we're linked to...and they're Spanish lol

 
Never knew that he came through the madrid academy, blimey, they do let some gems go.

 
And now its Spuds battling Arse for his signature apparently.

With all the prices going around these days, Mata for £17.5m? Again I hope we are doing something in the sly here.

 
Only yesterday Mata was reported to be "not for sale at any price". I could be wrong, but for a player of that ilk, I wouldn't have thought that £17.5 comes close to "any price. Taking it as read that every player has his price.

 
Yeah I'd say his price is somewhere closer to Silva's. Also seeing him play on the right at the Under 21's makes me think we should be meeting that price.

 
Only yesterday Mata was reported to be "not for sale at any price". I could be wrong, but for a player of that ilk, I wouldn't have thought that £17.5 comes close to "any price. Taking it as read that every player has his price.
Not sure if there is any truth in the £17.5million buyout clause that the Mail are saying he has. "Not for sale at any price" is a bit ridiculous to say when a player has a release clause in his contract, though I'm guessing the chances are its not as low as £17.5m. But then, "he will not leave." is what was said on Silva before he of course, left for £24m.

 
Not sure if there is any truth in the £17.5million buyout clause that the Mail are saying he has. "Not for sale at any price" is a bit ridiculous to say when a player has a release clause in his contract, though I'm guessing the chances are its not as low as £17.5m. But then, "he will not leave." is what was said on Silva before he of course, left for £24m.
No doubt about it. If there's even a chance that he's available, we should go for him.

 
The problem is that we only have space for 1 foreign player, we need to sell.

 
Close to arsenal it seems, would be a shame to miss out on this lad.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top