Jules Kounde

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sindre
  • Start date Start date
Takes a special kind of stupid to accept £10M lower fee AND sell him to a direct rival in La Liga. Sevilla obviously content to be the masters of the Europa League ... certainly can't have any ambition to win la Liga ... 
The way Barcelona and Sevilla handled this shows just how insular that league must be - trying to protect their own to an extent, but starting a race to the bottom with those economics. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
 You should check out Redcafe thread on Frenkie De Jong. It's started in November, it's over 43000 posts and still going.
Half of them are ggmu chanting obnoxious gloryhunters and I wonder how many have deserted them in the last decade. The best thing that has happened to the PL is the decline of Utd and long it may continue.

 
The way Barcelona and Sevilla handled this shows just how insular that league must be - trying to protect their own to an extent, but starting a race to the bottom with those economics. 
Spanish league can try all they like to make their league the "best", get angry at Mbappe for turning Real down and all, but they will never match the PL or the height of seria A in the 90s.

 
Chelsea are in talks with Barca to sell Azpi and Alonso.
Barca: "We would like to buy Azpi and Alonso, how much?"

Chelsea:
5269145.jpg


 
I agree with most of what you say, but I also think it's something of a self-fulfilling prophecy when every football fan synchronously chants "Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two biggest clubs in the world and no player can resist them".

The sooner we stop participating in and feeding that narrative then the sooner the reality will change.
I don't believe that this is what I communicated. I'm sure I wrote that almost every player would prefer Barca over Chelsea and that is true. What is not true is that we cannot improve our place in the list of clubs players would like to play for we can. When the money first arrived at City they were a long way behind us in that regard but they are now ahead of us. It can be done but doing so won't start with pretending that red is blue. We begin by recognising where we are, and not by going into a gloom of despondency when a club with greater pull exercises its power to win a few transfer tussles with us.

 
Finally done and dusted.. can we now move on.. 
I still don't understand this though. Numerous people on here point that Aha they can buy players but they can't register them to play. Yet I don't see any of this in the press and if the leagues all kick off in the next few weeks why would players sign if they weren't sure that they would be registered to play.

 
Finally done and dusted.. can we now move on.. 
I know. Was really getting frustrated with shedenders holding on to hope of signing him in what was essentially a hopeless situation. 

Hopefully TT becomes more convincing when he calls players to sell his vision  in future. Or better still identify who you actually want and go hard, all in for them.

If I was Kounde, I probably would have done same after being ignored and placed as 5th choice before we made our offer. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We had the chance to sign him last summer, but messed about. Only our own fault. So frustrating. 

 
Well monchi had a lot to say about us.. I don't think we typically respond to such stuff but don't know what to make of it.

 
Monchi saying it was a done deal and that we got cold feet.

Good! Wouldn't want us to drop £50m on a player we have doubts about. 

 
Back
Top