How long does his current contract have left?ive said it before and ill say it again,i wont feel comfortable about the kakuta situation until we get him on a longer contract.
I suspect it's that age old 'agents negotiation tactic' of planting interest in their player in the media during negotiations.This rumour has suddenly resurfaced in the french media.
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/44351/French_media_Bayern_are_winning_Kakuta_chase.aspx
It is about time we sorted out his contract one way or the other.
I should damned well hope so. However, it seems almost as if the media want us to sell him. Today it's the Mirror's turn:He's gonna to stay at the Bridge and that's all.
Now I'm not sure about that. The intention would be to reach a contract agreement, negotiations are ongoing, and any hope that Bayern might have of pulling this off would have to rest on the breakdown of those negotiations. Until Kakuta puts pen to paper then the media are free to speculate. I think that's all this is. I know of no reason why he shouldn't sign a new contract, especially having read his latest interview and heard what Carlo and Ray have to say about him.Bayern lining up freebie swoop for KakutaChelsea are facing a fight to keep French teenager Gael Kakuta as Bayern Munich prepare to swoop.
In a replica of the situation that saw Joe Cole depart in the summer, Carlo Ancelotti’s side risk losing Kakuta for nothing in January.
Kakuta is out of contract at the end of the season and while talks on a new deal are ongoing the player and his representatives are playing hardball.
That leaves the way open for Bayern to sign the 19-year-old on a pre-contract agreement from January 1, which would be a huge embarrassment for Chelsea.
Kakuta was at the centre of last season’s dispute with UEFA which initially saw Chelsea banned from signing any players for two transfer windows for inducing the then-17-year-old to break his contract with Lens in 2007.
Lens were eventually persuaded to drop their complaint - sources at the French club insist they received in the region of £3million although that is denied by Chelsea - and the embargo was lifted.
Kakuta then made his Chelsea debut as a substitute against Wolves in November before he made his first start in the Champions League draw with Apoel Nicosia, while this season he started the Carling Cup defeat by Newcastle and the home win over Marseilles.
Ancelotti has talked positively of the left-sider although the Italian was visibly frustrated with the French youngster’s option-taking in both games, which saw him withdrawn early.
Talks over a new deal have been going on for a month without any signs of a resolution and Chelsea believe the player’s representatives are revving up speculation.
But Bayern have been monitoring Kakuta since his performances for the France under-19 side in July’s European Championships and the German champions are ready to take advantage of a stale-mate by making a direct offer to the youngster once the New Year begins.
That puts pressure on Chelsea to reach a deal in the next three months rather than risk losing Kakuta for nothing and the youngster following Cole and Michael Ballack out of the door without any financial compensation.
I see they're still claiming we as good as paid Lens off. They do paper over it nicely by mentioning our denial though. I have had arguments with rival fans who regularly say "He'd better be good after you paid *insert fee depending on which paper you read it in*(£1m - £5m) for him".I should damned well hope so. However, it seems almost as if the media want us to sell him. Today it's the Mirror's turn:
Now I'm not sure about that. The intention would be to reach a contract agreement, negotiations are ongoing, and any hope that Bayern might have of pulling this off would have to rest on the breakdown of those negotiations. Until Kakuta puts pen to paper then the media are free to speculate. I think that's all this is. I know of no reason why he shouldn't sign a new contract, especially having read his latest interview and heard what Carlo and Ray have to say about him.
LINK
See previous post (quoted above)...I suspect it's that age old 'agents negotiation tactic' of planting interest in their player in the media during negotiations.
LINKKakuta's future is again on the agenda with his current deal set to expire next summer.
'I don't discuss the salary of players,' said Ancelotti. 'Technically, it's best for Kakuta - he's young, he's trying to improve and we're the best team for him to stay with.
'He has to take a decision to sign or not. We're sure he'll sign because he's an intelligent player and an intelligent man.'
I doubt Gael wants silly wages though like Joe did.Carlo was sure Joey was signing as well.