Kalou, Benayoun and Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
23,453
Reaction score
2,439
So when do we expect all these 3 back cause I haven't heard anything except for Lampard. We need Lampard back for the Arsenal game as we will miss our creativity for sure.

 
Would like to know this myself. Obviously Lampard is still recovering from his hernia operation, but he should be somehwat close to coming back.

Alsithough Benny and Kalou are not exactly first team regulars, they offer us more coming off the bench than what we have right now.

How bad were their injuries, and any reports on what they acutally were?

 
According to Carlo Ancelotti (speaking on Friday), Kalou and Benayoun are both expected back in around three weeks, after the next international break. Not sure about Frank. Carlo said he still wasn't 100% so wasn't being risked.

 
According to Carlo Ancelotti (speaking on Friday), Kalou and Benayoun are both expected back in around three weeks, after the next international break. Not sure about Frank. Carlo said he still wasn't 100% so wasn't being risked.
Cheers Hutch,

I didn't see the blackpool game, so I wasn''t sure what had happened to Benny or Kalou. From what I saw, Yossi looked to have pulled up trying to get to a throughball from McEchran, so I'd imagine it was a hamstring? But I don't know what happened to Kalou... was it a tackle, or did he just pull up too?

 
Cheers Hutch,

I didn't see the blackpool game, so I wasn''t sure what had happened to Benny or Kalou. From what I saw, Yossi looked to have pulled up trying to get to a throughball from McEchran, so I'd imagine it was a hamstring? But I don't know what happened to Kalou... was it a tackle, or did he just pull up too?
You mean the Newcastle game? Very similar to Benayoun, I think Kalou just pulled a muscle or something. It certainly wasn't as a result of a tackle. It was another one of those unlikely coincidences that happen from time to time, like losing our first and second choice keepers to injury against Reading, or that game where two of our players (I forget the one, or the players involved) jumping for the ball accidentally elbowed opposition players within a couple of minutes. This time it was two of our players pulling up injured.

 
I heard today on Chelsea TV that it's likely to be another fortnight or so before Frank is ready to return.

 
I miss Ballack...

Would have hoped to see Yossi for these up-coming games if the super one is not available - ME-JOM-YB as a middle 3 would have suited me, we need creativity in the middle.

 
Just something regarding Lampard's injury on BBC 606.

comment by HotdogSalesman (U14491026)

posted 1 Hour Ago

Lampard, with his slap-me face, is best left out of the England setup.

As for his "creativity" ....

He is one dimensional. He may fit well into the Chelsea setup, and if they want him they can have him ..... but I don't see him as a major loss for either England or Chelsea. Chelsea have other midfielders who I feel bring more to their team than he does.

And this is exactly why I don't use their forums, I don't even know how to respond to that.

 
Not worried about Arsenal game. Drogba's left pinky is enough to beat them.

 
I miss Ballack...

Would have hoped to see Yossi for these up-coming games if the super one is not available - ME-JOM-YB as a middle 3 would have suited me, we need creativity in the middle.
We should have given Ballack a new deal, we could have gotten more out of him for sure

 
We should have given Ballack a new deal, we could have gotten more out of him for sure
There was talk that he was willing to halve his wages as well.

I'm not entirely sure why we sent Matic out on loan when we're short on midfielders.

 
There was talk that he was willing to halve his wages as well.

I'm not entirely sure why we sent Matic out on loan when we're short on midfielders.
Yeah of all the guys we sold Ballack would have been the one I would have kept. That said we're doing well without him. Matic perhaps wasn't up to the standard just yet.

I personally think Essien's rise as a playmaker is helping cover Frank a lot. Though not sure who'll play in midfield against Arsenal, whether it's Ramires or Zhirkov. Personally if we're gonna play Zhirkov I'd prefer to see Malouda played inside and Yuri played on the wing, Malouda actually has a right foot which always helps playing in central midfield, and he was reasonably convincing there at the end of last year. Perhaps Carlo sees no reason to negate our best creative outlet by shouldering him with the other burdens of midfield.

 
All indications are that Frank will be ready to play at Anfield. The following brief article is from the Mail, but news of his expected return was also voiced earlier on tonight on Chelsea TV:



Frank Lampard set to return for Chelsea against LiverpoolFrank Lampard is expected to make his return from injury against Liverpool on Sunday.

The Chelsea midifielder has been out since having hernia surgery at the end of August but manager Carlo Ancelotti is confident Lampard will return at Anfield after starting training last week.

‘Lampard started training with the team this week,’ said Ancelotti.

‘I don’t think he will be ready for tomorrow (against Spartak Moscow) but for the next game in the Premier League against Liverpool.
LINK

 
It's great that we've been winning without Frank, something that we didn't last year which is win games while key players were out.

That being said though we have struggled lately, be nice if Lamps can re-inject some enthusiasm back into the game and help us get our swagger back.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top