Leicester Vs Chelsea (EFLcup) Tues 20/09/ 2016 KO 19:45 GMT

We've got Arsenal on Saturday and Leicester have to travel to Old Trafford, which suggests we'll see plenty of changes for both sides, particularly given Leicester played midweek last week, in the CL, so their players will be in more need of a rest.

Arsenal travel to Forest tomorrow night but we know from experience they'll play a second-string side, so it's important our best players are fresh for the game against them on Saturday. That means Dave, Kante, Hazard and Costa should all be rested. We have a strong enough squad to get through this tie and many of our squad players deserve a game, so I'll be very disappointed if Conte plays this one safe with his team selection, as it could backfire on us. When are the likes of Aina, Chalobah and RLC going to get a game if not in the LC?

So, Begovic in goal, Aina and Alonso our full-backs, Terry is unfit so any 2 from Luiz, Cahill and Ivan in the centre. Midfield of Chalobah, Fabregas and RLC, with Pedro and Moses on the wings and Batshuayi up top. Even if Conte considers RLC a striker, he can push him closer to Batshuayi if he so wants.

Personally, I'd rather look forward to watching a Chelsea team with 2 new full-backs, no Courtois, no Cahill, no Matic, no Oscar and no Willian. Think it would be refreshing. I'd have Hazard, Costa, Kante and Dave on the bench. Voila.

 
I don't expect a result in this one tbh.

Game time for RLC, Michy, Alonso, Cesc and Chalobah is a must.

 
That team looks tasty, i hope he starts that team. Dave and Alonso on the flanks should be a must, not really sure he would give Chalobah a start. Loftus is a bit forgotten this season by the new manager. I am probably one of the rare supporters that think Pedro isn't a fit for the English league.


I'm not a fan of Pedro either mate, just gives Hazard a rest before the important league games.

 
Forgot about Aina.

Ok, revised lineup:

Begovic

Alonso

Ivanovic

Cahill

Aina

Chalobah

Loftus-Cheek

Fabregas

Pedro

Batshuyai

Moses

 
It will probably be the same line up as Friday in the hope that the players will redeem themselves.   He needs to grow some balls and try something different, especially in these competitions.....hopefully Ivan will be making the tea and Matic dishing out the scones.

 
I reckon we'll see

Begovic

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz Alonso

Mikel

Moses - Fabregas - Matic - Pedro

Michy B

 
               Courtois

Dave   Cahill  Luiz  Alonso

                Kante

  Chalobah       Fabregas

Moses                      Pedro

             Batshuayi

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where is good to drink near the king power before the game?
I'm going to The Hind which is opposite the train station.  The Counting house is supposed to be good too. I was going to go the The last pantagent which is a witherpoons pub but got warned off it as it can get a bit nasty in there for big games.

 
Is this one on tv or am I going to be left checking teletext all night?
  • Leicester City vs Chelsea
  • 7:45pm Tuesday 20th September
  • The King Power Stadium  
Live on  
Sky-Sports-1-Logo.svg


 
It's actually pretty hard to get up for this, we played crap on Friday and so we want redemption which even if we win st Leicester won't cut it as its  b teams so it's not fully satisfying plus we have the goonies at the weekend, which is more of a focus, only way I'll be happy is if he tries something different that we may actually use but with the addition of fringe players fur this one and it works spectacularly, my real goal of course is smash he goonies and back to winning ways l.  

 
I think this would be the perfect time for Conte to experiment with his 3-4-3. He said he doesn't think a 3-5-2 will work with this current Chelsea.

But whatever the formation, I just want to see Aina, Chalobah and Loftus-Cheek get their chance.

Begovic​

Cahill - Luiz - Alonso​

Aina - Chalobah - Loftus Cheek - Azpi​

Moses - Batshuayi - Pedro​

 ​

I doubt that will all happen, probably too many changes but it gives more than half the squad some rest. But something like that. Or the 4-1-4-1 will be used again but hopefully some youth get a chance as well. A win here would be a much needed boost. 

 
More likely to be

Begovic

Aina Cahill Luiz Alonso

Mikel

RLC Cesc

Moses Batshuayi Pedro

I don't think Conte will even make that many changes, lose another game here and all the sudden he's 'under pressure'.

 
Personally I want to see a strong side.

With no European football this season I don't think there's any excuse for not going all out and trying to win this trophy.

 
Expect we'll see quite a strong side, a win here is important to regain momentum (and obviously keep us in contention for the League Cup).

Suspect this will be an opportunity for the likes of Fabregas, Batshuayi & Moses (possibly even Alonso) to play their way into a starting position at the weekend. 

Would also like to see some minutes given to youth - we've three or four that have shown themselves capable of performing in a Chelsea shirt, lets build on that.

 
I would love to see a very strong side and a comfortable win!

Begovic

Azpiluceuta  Ivanovic Luiz Alonso

Chalobah Kante 

Moses Batsman Hazard Pedro

Try the 4-2-4 or the 3-5-2 and win convincingly so that we come here tomorrow just praising our team without anyone giving out! 

 
Would like to see

Begovic

Aina     Cahill    Luiz  Alonso

          Chalobah

      Cesc         RLC

Pedro                        Moses

             Batsman

Would be slightly worried about the defensive side of the midfield but at least itd be a young energetic team. Wishful thinking probably though.

 
Back
Top