let the right one in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the original Oceans Eleven either, but many have said that it's better than the original. I remember reading that it was just something for the rat-pack to do while nursing hangovers. They partied during the night and did the movie by day. Not sure if it's true, though. I've yet to see Departed, but I've seen Infernal Affairs(the original) and it was ok. Anyone seen them both? How do they compare?

I've only seen Abre los Ojos, but I'd like to see Vanilla Sky as well, although I've heard some bad things about it. I thought Abre los Ojos was ok, but nothing brilliant. I've heard they've used loads of pop-culture references in Vanilla Sky, but I'm not sure if there are other differences as well.

I'm not sure if it counts as a re-make, but I've heard Reservoir Dogs heavily borrows from a movie called City on Fire. I'm not sure if it's a re-make of it, though.
most prefer infernal affairs. I think I prefer the departed, possibly because the role jack nicholson plays really helps make the film, and in infernal affairs the character does a lot less. but it's good- and it's a decent trilogy too.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just responding to the first post I don't know if this could be quite described as horror although there are elements in there but this is definitely one of my most favourite flicks ever.

 
you're right- it's not really a horror film.

but it goes in my list because there aren't many that I like.

 
anyone got to see dead snow yet? looks like a horror in a similar mould to the evil dead films.

 
anyone got to see dead snow yet? looks like a horror in a similar mould to the evil dead films.
I've seen it and I quite enjoyed it. It's a norwegian Evil Dead with lots of snow.

 
Pre-pubescent girl Vamp on Norwegian housing Estate

Sub plot: Above person avenges bullying of 12 year old boy (who looks like a young David Mc Callum)

Both walk off into the sunset - The End

That's about it

 
Pre-pubescent girl Vamp on Norwegian housing EstateSub plot: Above person avenges bullying of 12 year old boy (who looks like a young David Mc Callum)

Both walk off into the sunset - The End

That's about it
Thanks Bonetti, you've saved me some money!

 
Have seen both "Let the right one come in" and "Dead snow". Liked "Let the right one come in" much better than "Dead snow". "Let the right one" has a good history and aposed to "Dead snow" who's just about killing nazi-zombies. There's been some quality movies produced in Sweden in recent years.

Found "Kopps" hilarious. It's about a police station in the swedish countryside that have no crime and is shut down by the authorities. So the police have to do something themselves to raise the crimestatistics which involes smashing a car frontwindow and stealing sausage from the local store. If you get the chance to see this movie I strongly recommend it.

Sweden has a very talented director in Lukas Moodyson who made "Togheter (Tilsammans in swedish)" and "Lilja-4-ever". "Lilja-4-ever" is by far one of the most realistic film I've ever seen, but also the most schocking. I don't normally cry when watching movies, but I cried my eyes out when I watched "Lilja-4-ever". It tells a gripping story about a girl in Russia who's abandoned by her mother, duped and sold as a prostetute in Sweden. A very strong history, altough very tragic.

Also recommend the danish movies "Blinkering lights" and "Pusher"

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top