Looks like Carlo is quite a sweet talker

Status
Not open for further replies.

geezer

Senile old git
Messages
9,174
Reaction score
157
Drogba, Mikel and now Deco. They all seemed to have been totally charmed by Carlo in a very short space of time. Add to that the compliments given about Carlo by the AC Milan players he left behind he seems to be very very good at winning the trust of his players. Jose was very good at getting inside players minds but Carlo seems to have a different but very effective approach. I'm getting more impressed by the guy as each day passes.

 
i was thinking the same thing and was talking to my dad about it. my dad pointed out that the first thing he was going to have to do was to get them to forget about hiddink, which was always going to be very, very difficult. it seems hes on his way to doing that and seems to be creating a good atmosphere at the club and gaining a lot of respect from his players. looking good so far.

 
Agreed. He really seems to know what he's doing. I feel he might just be a success here.

 
He's certainly not scolari MkII like many were fearing

 
He's certainly not scolari MkII like many were fearing
Personally I don't expect he will be but it is points and prizes that will ultimately decide if he is a Scolari Mk II and don't forget how well Scolari started when we had an easy start to the season. This season we, again, have a pretty easy opening few games so I think feet will need to kept on the ground until the crunch matches arrive.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
He's certainly not scolari MkII like many were fearing
I must confess I feared exactly that.

As well as all that has been said above, I've also been very impressed by his apparent determination to learn English. He seems to mean it too, insisting on speaking English at all times. He's got a way to go yet but he's done well in a short space of time. Put's Big Phil to shame...

 
His first big test looks to be against sp**s too.... Not had the best of luck against them in the past few seasons, so I hope that he can sort this.

Scott

 
Drogba, Mikel and now Deco. They all seemed to have been totally charmed by Carlo in a very short space of time. Add to that the compliments given about Carlo by the AC Milan players he left behind he seems to be very very good at winning the trust of his players. Jose was very good at getting inside players minds but Carlo seems to have a different but very effective approach. I'm getting more impressed by the guy as each day passes.
exactly what I feel about the man at the moment. Can't wait the start of the season!

 
There's very little similarity between Scolari and Ancelotti. Scolari failed because he was too stubborn, both tactically and with his team selections. he stuck by an out-of-form Deco for too long and refused to put a defender on the post for corners, even after we let in a string of important goals as a result. That's not all, of course, but the two prime examples.

I'd predict Ancelotti to be more like Ranieri, and that's not jsut because they're both Italian but because I think Ancelotti also likes to "tinker" with the setup and try to keep things fresh.

 
He seems to be a straight forward and straight talking guy and I think that is what Chelsea needs.

Looking good so far !

 
quote from carlo, im really starting to like this guy..

"I have respect for all of the Premier League managers, but I don't care about these mind games. Little things worry little minds."

 
quote from carlo, im really starting to like this guy.."I have respect for all of the Premier League managers, but I don't care about these mind games. Little things worry little minds."
;) Great stuff Carlo. Have you noticed how much of a little minded Fergie can be? The man is what 70 years old and still 'cries' about little things.

 
He seems to be a straight forward and straight talking guy and I think that is what Chelsea needs.Looking good so far !
Mus admit was worried at first, but the more I see and hear from him, the more he is convincing me we have not made another blunder.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top