Malouda on his way .. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it lads, get behind your players!

Embarrassing!

 
That's it lads, get behind your players!

Embarrassing!
I don't feel I've got anything to be embarrassed about. If the player wants out, let him leave. Thanks for the goals and assists, but if he feels his heart's not in it, I say it's time to leave.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
As usual I expect we will get people slagging him off, saying good riddance etc without mentioning the excellent things he has done for us. Very close to our player of the year 09/10.

 
Malouda is a very capable player and quite an asset to be able to bring off the bench. I'd have him over Gervinho for example...

If he is unhappy unless he is a regular starter however then I guess he will have to move on; I'll be sad to see him go as although the beginning of his Chelsea career was somewhat of a misfire, when he hit form he really delivered for us and was a big part of our only double-winning team.

I'd gladly keep FloMo around a while longer, but if he really is yearning to leave then I wish him good luck in all his future endeavours.

 
He was fantastic at the end of 08/09 season and one of our best in the 09/10 season. Unfortunately I don't think 1 1/2 fantastic seasons out of the 5 1/2 he's been here is good enough. Still, if he were to go I wish him well - won't be overly upset but I won't be shouting from the roof tops.

 
As Gem said, he has 1 and a half good seasons for us which I appreciate because he was big for us at the time, but he's just not good enough to play for us nowadays. Good luck to him but he's mainly a liability when he's playing for us, so pardon me if I don't mourn his departure.

 
Never lived up to his potential, and a very moody player can be brilliant on some days and absolutely awful on others. Won't be missed because of his inconsistent plays, best of luck at 31 he only got 3/4 years left anyway so he just as well find somewhere where he can play lots of games.

 
Probably time to say goodbye but he deserves more respect than he`s got from quite a few here. On of the best wingers we have had since Robben and he was incredibly good on his day. Second best player in 09/10 aswell. Good luck to him if he decides to leave.

 
I'm still a big Malouda fan. And ideally, I'd prefer he stay with Chelsea. I think he's a valuable bench player and still an occasional starter.

That being said, it's hard to fault someone for wanting regular playing time, and if that means a move, so be it. As sad as I'd be to see him go, it could be a win-win. He gets more playing time, and we get some funds and a roster spot to bring in someone younger/faster.

Plus, if he's going to go, PSG would be my first choice. I've got a soft spot for them; if I had to pick a 2nd favorite European team, they'd be it.

 
That's it lads, get behind your players!

Embarrassing!
Flo has been a great servant for this club the last 4 or 5 years, and its only been in the last year or 18 months that his performances have gotten downright ugly.

In terms of getting the best for the player and Chelsea, this could be the dream move. The move I wanted Anelka to make. A former League 1 star going back to France, to a club with plenty of money (that will probably be generous with the fee) that will give the player a chance to compete for silverware. Win win win win win win

If he is off, best of luck to him. He scored some great goals (42!) for us and had some memorable performances, this from a winger whose specialty was never goalscoring, and who filled in all over midfield.

 
Given the current squad is in the process of gradually being broken up I don't begrudge any of our elder statesmen wanting to move on if they so wish but only on the proviso that we have suitable replacements lined up - ie Kevin De Bruyne would be an ideal replacement right now

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top