Man of the Match - Chelsea Vs Manchester City (League Cup Final 2019)

MOTM - Chelsea Vs Man City

  • Cesar Azpilicueta

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ross Barkley

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pedro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willian

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Callum Hudson-Odoi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruben Loftus-Cheek

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gonzalo Higuain

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    50

Scott Harris

Legend
Messages
44,847
Reaction score
33,276
Massively disappointed in the result, but the performance from everybody was very good. Kante wins man of the match though, he was on another level today, world class.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The fans - you should not be allowed to ever represent the shed end forum again and fine 42 million space bucks for defying me and not including them!

:Troll_Face:

Ok seriously now; Kepa. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The fans - you should not be allowed to ever represent the shed end forum again and fine 42 million space bucks for defying me and not including them!

:Troll_Face:

Ok seriously now; Kepa. 
Somebody on here found my Facebook account the other day and sent me a message saying they would get me banned if I didn't start to listening to other people's suggestions for adding more than Chelsea players to the man of the match poll. I'm not joking either, this really did happen. I just called that person a weirdo and blocked them............was that you?  :biggrin:

Nah, I'm joking, I'm sure it wasn't you, but it did make me laugh seeing this post a few days after getting that message on Facebook  :biggrin:

 
I voted for Kante, but I saw many strong performances on the pitch today. I just wish Don Maurizio brought on Higuain, RLC & CHO on a bit earlier - might have been able to win the match in regulation time

 
Somebody on here found my Facebook account the other day and sent me a message saying they would get me banned if I didn't start to listening to other people's suggestions for adding more than Chelsea players to the man of the match poll. I'm not joking either, this really did happen. I just called that person a weirdo and blocked them............was that you?  :biggrin:

Nah, I'm joking, I'm sure it wasn't you, but it did make me laugh seeing this post a few days after getting that message on Facebook  :biggrin:
:laugh2:

Sounds like too much work to be me mate!

 
Went with Rudiger, could have been Kante who was immense. 

RLC could have got it for that bit of skill alone.

 
Hard choice today.

Felt Kante's energy was so important in attack yet three times the ball bounced off him instead of controlling it in the 1st half.

For me Rudiger was a rock.

 
 I am not on wind-up.  I am genuinely interested to know what you see in Jorginho to vote for him. 
Whatever our team played today, it wasn't Sarriball. Am impressed with Jorginho especially because the only team about him was the sideway passes but the way he played today was much different and positive than what I have been seeing from him since the beginning of the season. The basics of Sarriball involves the midfielders often quickly passing the ball away when they have the ball wish is what we have always seen from Jorginho. Whenever he gets the ball, most times without controlling the ball, he immediately pass the ball to someone else but today, I saw him many times holding on to the ball, moving it up the field and at point succeeded in dribbling some city players. Oh, he even got a shot on goal! He didn't deserve the boo he received in the Europa league match last week, but for him to respond positively with that sort of positive performance endears him to me.
 
Kante for me. simply outstanding performance.

Hazard and Rudiger both,for me, get honourable mentions.

The Chelsea support too deserve a mention for their magnificent backing of our team.

 
Some decent performances yesterday. Defence was better and very impressed with Emerson. He HAS to start most games now.

Jorginho was a lot better but shame about his penalty. Hazard was great, without actually hitting TOP gear but still our major threat and WHAT A COOL PENALTY.

But MOTM has to be Kante. He was absolutely everywhere and did not deserve to be on the losing side.

 
I've already voted yet this comment made me want to change:

Footy 365 on Hazard:

He completed eight dribbles and was fouled six times  – both match-leading statistics for either side – and no Chelsea player won the ball back more often (eight times).

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would have picked Kante were it not for the sitter.

Went for Emerson just because he put in a really good performance and has hopefully forced his way into the team.

 
By a fair distance Kante, what a little diamond. Followed by Rudiger, who's impressing more and more.

 
Thought most involved were good. Went for Kante as he was still running strong at the end of extra time on top of great performance 

 
Back
Top