Manchester City Charges - Outcome Predictions Thread

Zeta

Members AF
Messages
24,697
Reaction score
11,408
Place your predictions for the Man City charges outcome, in the format:

Points deduction: <x>
Fine: <x>
League relegations: <x>
Other: <x>
E.g.

Points Deduction: 12
Fine: £100,000
League relegations: 2 (To League 1)
Other: Forced to play in red for 2 seasons


5 points for correct points deduction
5 points for correct fine
5 points for correct relegations
5 points for every Other prediction which comes true (subject to the whim of the points awarder)

 
Points deduction: 9
Fine: £200,000
League relegations: 0
Other: Nothing

 
Points deduction: 6

Fine: 2 million reales or whatever currency they have in oil states of a light blue persuasion

League relegations: hahahaha, seriously?! None of course.

Other: FA bigwigs post a video of themselves singing the opening tune of The Muppet Show, and win a BAFTA

 
Point Deduction:0

Fine: None.

League Relegation:None.

Other: Can’t think of anything!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Like all the other PL investigations  (Everton, Forest, and our one, etc etc)  it's held behind closed doors, and only a written decision given at the conclusion of the hearing.

I can't understand why the PL demand transparency for everything  football clubs are involved in, yet choose secrecy for their own investigations.

 
Points deduction: 0
Fine: £350,000
League relegations: 0
Other: transfer ban

 
Both sides present their evidence etc to the investigation.

Whatever the outcome, it's the " independent "3 man commission that decides the guilt and/or punishment , not the Premier League.

Dunno what those guys know about the game, but I suppose they are clued up about it.?

 
iu


 
The one punishment I want to see above all is that the owners need to be forced to sell. 
 

Why would anyone trust the people at Man City to apoint that they engage in competition with them again? I personally don't see how the owners can carry on if they found guilty. That's a permanent stain on their reputation and everything the club does moving forward will always be asterisked with the caveat that they cheated to get where they were.

 
Both sides present their evidence etc to the investigation.

Whatever the outcome, it's the " independent "3 man commission that decides the guilt and/or punishment , not the Premier League.

Dunno what those guys know about the game, but I suppose they are clued up about it.?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. There have been a couple of instances in the EFL of appeals won based on either faulty commission findings or the make up of the commission itself. Eg, inappropriate expertise. Think we can be damn sure the PL will cross every "i" and dot every "t".

 
The one punishment I want to see above all is that the owners need to be forced to sell. 
 

Why would anyone trust the people at Man City to apoint that they engage in competition with them again? I personally don't see how the owners can carry on if they found guilty. That's a permanent stain on their reputation and everything the club does moving forward will always be asterisked with the caveat that they cheated to get where they were.
Well, yes, but it will never happen. If the decision goes against City they will tie it up in litigation for years.

 
Well, yes, but it will never happen. If the decision goes against City they will tie it up in litigation for years.
I think its the only legitimate punishment if found guilty. That's why I think being found guilty is the punishment. A club can bounce back from relegation, a points deduction only lasts one season.....being known as cheats stays for life. The other 19 clubs won't want to engage with them anymore unless forced to sell. Or f**k off to their Super League. 

 
Cynical old bastard that I am, City won't lose points, be relegated or given a fine. Instead City will receive an apology for the inconvenience and stress. 

I really should stop being cynical. I guess it's my age.

 
I think its the only legitimate punishment if found guilty. That's why I think being found guilty is the punishment. A club can bounce back from relegation, a points deduction only lasts one season.....being known as cheats stays for life. The other 19 clubs won't want to engage with them anymore unless forced to sell. Or f**k off to their Super League. 
To add to this. 
 


 
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. There have been a couple of instances in the EFL of appeals won based on either faulty commission findings or the make up of the commission itself. Eg, inappropriate expertise. Think we can be damn sure the PL will cross every "i" and dot every "t".
A Leicester fan on the phone in claimed they were robbed V Palace.

Apparently the PL are out to get them because Leicester embarrassed them by winning their appeal !

 
I think its the only legitimate punishment if found guilty. That's why I think being found guilty is the punishment. A club can bounce back from relegation, a points deduction only lasts one season.....being known as cheats stays for life. The other 19 clubs won't want to engage with them anymore unless forced to sell. Or f**k off to their Super League. 
🤣

Actually I'm wary of calling for drastic punishment until we see what's gonna be our punishment, especially as some of it's about secret payments , similar to some of Citeh's charges. hopefully it'll be over soon for us.

Just think though, if it wasn't for hacked or leaked documents, us and Citeh would be fine!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top