Manchester United vs. Chelsea - FA Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Loz, sticky sticky?
So many lines...so little time...
247.gif
Bit late aren't you Bri? Did that ages ago
icon_wink.gif


 
Bit late aren't you Bri? Did that ages ago
icon_wink.gif
You're a gal, Gem. You of all people should understand that it's better to be a bit late than a bit early...
169.gif


 
just because I don't agree with some of you're views or even necessarily like you, doesn't mean I won't wish you good luck- the more fans and less neutrals there are the better as far as I'm concerned.
I'll second that. No hard feelings. Emotions can run high at times - especially after a defeat and especially against bloody Liverpool in such a huge game.

And Youlots, I am sure Jose will put you up
icon_wink.gif


Anyway, how long have you been in Australia? I have a couple of old school pals that emigrated back in the late 80's and early 90's. Big step. Did you used to attend at the bridge prior to that?

 
Crap! Just saw Jose's interview on the Beeb site in which he said Ashley will play in the Fa Cup final.
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
I know it's over a week away but how about the team? Still hoping Carvalho will be fit. I saw the Mourinho interview after the match last night and he said he had a 1% chance, but he did so with a smile, so I am hoping that was very tongue in cheek.

For me Bridge has shown that he is the better option and I think he deserves to play in the Cup Final. That said, I expect Ashley to play
icon_sad.gif
.

So I would go for:

Cech

Paulo Carvo JT Bridge

Mikel

Diarra Lamps Essien

Joe

Drogba

Subs: Kalou, SWP, , Maka, A Cole & Carlo

 
do we know if the incredible baldy dutchman with glass legs is going to be fit or not yet ?

 
do we know if the incredible baldy dutchman with glass legs is going to be fit or not yet ?
I wouldn't play him and I think the likes of SWP have done enough recently to earn a place on the bench ahead of him. I mean, how could you be okay to come on against Liverpool, take a penalty and nothing be heard of him since?

 
I think SWP deserves a place in the XI or the bench over him too.

In fact i wouldnt be surprised if we've seen the last of him in a Chelsea shirt.

 
assuming carv won't be able to play, that would be my team:

cech

paolo-essien-JT-bridge

mikel-maka-lamps

swp-droba-joey

 
Biggest game of the season against a (and I hate to say it) quality opponent - especially in attack, so I think we will see the diamond midfield of death formation that worked pretty well against Barca earlier in the season. Not sure if that is going to be the best way to go against the mancs who attack a lot more on the flanks than Barca do, but I think that it is what Mourinho will go with.

.........................Cech..........................

Ferriera.......Carvalho........JT.........A Cole

...........................Maka.........................

..........Essien.......Lampard.....Mikel.........

..................Drogba.....Robben...............

Subs - Carlo, Geremi, J Cole, SWP, Kalou

This is assuming that Carvalho and Robben will be back, and that Ballack and Sheva won't be.

I am really hoping that Carvalho makes it back in time - not just because of what he offers, but it will also allow Essien to play in midfield, which will be vital.

I think that Essien and Maka will be needed to keep Scholes and Carrick in check, which will be very important. Like them or not, they are two of the best passers of the ball in England at the moment, and shutting them down is every bit as important as worrying about Ronaldo and Rooney.

 
Given the players we have available, this is the team I'd go for:

.........................Cech..........................

Ferreira .......Essien........JT............Bridge

...........................Maka.........................

..........J Cole.......Lampard.....Mikel...........

..................Drogba.....Kalou.....................

Subs - Carlo, A. Cole, Diarra, SWP, Robben

Right back is a problem for us. It's a toss up between Diarra and Ferreira, but Diarra seems to have lost confidence and Ferreira is looking slightly more like his old self again (though still shaky), so I'd probably go with him. Plus he's played a lot of big games so won't be overawed by the occasion.

Midfield picks itself. Same for our attack. SWP and Robben off the bench in the last 30 if we're chasing the game. Diarra on for Kalou if we're protecting a lead.

Bridge over A. Cole for me every time. Sorry Jose, but stop playing favourites and pick based on current form not reputation.

If by some miracle Cav is available, I'd go with this team instead:

.........................Cech..........................

Essien.......Cav........JT............Bridge

...........................Maka.........................

..........J Cole.......Lampard.....Mikel...........

..................Drogba.....Kalou.....................

Subs - Carlo, A. Cole, Diarra, SWP, Robben

Pretty much the same, just with Essien bombing down the right wing, overlapping J. Cole!!!

 
From Sky Sports:

TERRY TARGETS FINAL REVENGE

John Terry has admitted Chelsea are determined to lift the FA Cup in order to leave Manchester United pondering defeat over the course of the summer.

The Red Devils knocked Chelsea off their Premiership perch and Terry has made it clear that he wants to exact revenge in the FA Cup final.

Terry says Chelsea are still smarting from surrendering the Premiership title, but is aware they have the chance to bounce back in the Wembley spectacular.

"That will be the last game of the season," said the England captain. "We can go off on our holidays having won the FA Cup and enjoy it.

"Man Utd will have the feeling that we had after losing the Premiership. They will have to wait until next season to get that winning feeling back. If we can go away and do that it will be great."

Chelsea host Everton on the final day of the season, but Terry says he will have an empty feeling at Stamford Bridge.

He added: "The Premiership has hurt me the most this season. I have loved lifting that trophy and on Sunday it is not going to be right. There will be something missing.

"It is up to us as a group and the manager to lift everyone again because that has got to be our base for years to come.

"All the lads will be fired up for the cup final but Manchester United will be as well. The FA Cup is a great trophy and to be the first one to win it at the new Wembley is another reason to be fired up."

 
Oh my God how I look forward to this one. It won't be like the boring game in the league. It will be a great fight between the two best teams in the league.

And we have to win it! If we lose we will only have a League Cup-trophy this season and that isn't much. The media will have a field day.

If we win it we will have 2 trophies - more than any other english team this season!

I would love to go and see the game but I guess there's no tickets left and it there was I wouldn't afford to go anyway (not with the ticket to England anyway).

My dad - who has no interest in football - might be going because the company he works for are taking all the employees on a trip to England and it appears as if they will be going to the final.

So if you see a balding man, half asleep and who can't speak a bloody word of english, that's my father. Give him a hard kick from me
icon_twisted.gif


So life isn't fair. I wouldn't be surprised of the power goes out just in time for the game.
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
From the players that will be available(according to the latest news):

-----------------------Cech-------------------------

--Ferreira--Boulahrouz---Terry---Bridge------

---------------------Makelele-----------------------

-----------Essien-------------Lampard-------------

--------------------Joe Cole-------------------------

---------------Drogba-----Kalou--------------------

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top