Marc Guehi

In fact, i'm not even sure he's better than Chalobah tbh. 

Good player no doubt but he's being hugely overrated right now. 
Funny you say that, a mate of mine would happily take Chalobah in any swap deal plus cash for Murillo at Forrest as he thinks hes a better defender than the Brazilian... I just dont want us to dip into our pockets and find another 80 million on a player when we have the quality at the club in one shape or another. 

Tomori should be in the England set up as well... I look at both players and think we missed out on both tbh... Imagine if we had just got Mitchell in as a left back, might have only cost us 20 million. 

 
Pfffffft. Trev is an honest trier. I love him. Guehi's ceiling is way higher, even higher than the site office.
Both are terrific players and Tomori as well. Theyve done well in Serie A. 

I also find it strange Southgate has ditched smalling who has also been outstanding in Serie A since moving there. If you want to play continental football at International level, you need players who play abroad. Anyhow, Spain Germany tonight, anyone fancy a bet on Morata or our mop haired left back Cucu scoring for Spain?

 
I hate myself for doing this and i don't endorse that stat nerd mentality but had to check for myself:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Eye test alone shows he's not better than either, stats seem to show the same

 
I have three options open to me: (1) treat my dog's chronic dermatitis; (2) skim the fat off the top of my freshly-made chicken stock; or (3) continue this lively debate.

I shall mull and get back to you.
I went with the chicken stock option. Wrestling with 11kg of Scottish Westie has limited appeal, compared to John McGinn he's a powder puff. If Steve Clark had her available they'd've won the Euros providing she didn't slide in studs up on the ref as he blew the first whistle.

 
Graeme Bailey stating Guehi is still the club's preferred choice to bring in next summer. Someone to compete with Fofana & Colwill. 

Will only have a year remaining on his Palace contract next summer. 

 
I'm pretty sure that Chalobah would command a pretty solid value in a swap deal.

Palace fans are quite keen on him and he already fits into thier structure. Not sure if Chalobah would stay there if they get relegated, and that's not such an outlandish proposition. In that event Palace probably wouldn't want him anyway. 

Guehi is coming to Chelsea whatever. I suspect he feels there's unfinished business here.

 
Would be worth it provide Marc Guiu becomes our first choice striker. 

The match commentary would be amusing 

 
Ends up at Newcastle imo.

they're going to have a backline of:

Livaramento ? Guehi Hall

Cobham 2.0
Weirdly Cobham B might yet go on to have better/longer careers than the Cobham A team we kept instead of them:

James Gilchrist Chalobah Colwill

Cobham A were undoubtedly more talented at that age, but football is a funny and fickle thing.

 
I think he goes to Newcastle.

I think we’ll be in for Murillo from Forest. We’ve apparently held talks in previous windows. 
 

 
Back
Top