Mario Gomez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His strike rate is very impressive in the Bundesliga.

Would be an improvement on Torres for sure. 

 
He's capable of being very clinical...a big strong striker.

But is he one of my top choices...no.

 
He's also capable of being very nonclinical and I think Mandžukić keeping him out of the team tells it's own story. The fact they bought Gotze (I would assume) means they're going to play a false 9, which would lead me to think that Gomez will be on the market. If got for a reasonable sum, why not, good striker with a very good record, in his prime that would give us another option up front. But he's by no mean first choice for me..

 
If he's on the cheap then go for it, Why not?

£15m tops though & No more than 100k p/w

 
He's also capable of being very nonclinical and I think Mandžukić keeping him out of the team tells it's own story. The fact they bought Gotze (I would assume) means they're going to play a false 9, which would lead me to think that Gomez will be on the market. If got for a reasonable sum, why not, good striker with a very good record, in his prime that would give us another option up front. But he's by no mean first choice for me..

Absolutely, that's why I didn't say, he is clinical, just that he's capable of it.

And that's why he's not a first choice. Falcao would be nice, but expensive, same with Cavani. I'd happily take Lewandowski. But if we don't manage to sell Torres, I'd settle for him, Ba, and Rom, and a manager who can get the team functioning properly. 

In half the games the ball barely gets to the striker.

 
I'd be concerned to be honest, what we need above all else is someone that can get into positions and finish, and as we witnessed in the CL final Gomez has a bit of a habit of cocking it up.

That also said, wasn't he the 3rd highest scorer in Europe last year behind Messi and Ronaldo? He clearly has the ability I just worry about consistency and mental toughness, two things our current #9 has dreadfully lacked in.

 
I'd be concerned to be honest, what we need above all else is someone that can get into positions and finish, and as we witnessed in the CL final Gomez has a bit of a habit of cocking it up.

That also said, wasn't he the 3rd highest scorer in Europe last year behind Messi and Ronaldo? He clearly has the ability I just worry about consistency and mental toughness, two things our current #9 has dreadfully lacked in.
I haven't really seen him play but according to Wiki he has 74 goals in 111 league appearances for Munich. 

You've got to be at least a half decent finisher to get yourself a goals to game ratio like that. 

 
He's a striker that in from can be lethal, and to think about it, Gomez is a poacher above all, that would allow our creative 3 to play more freely and Gomez can finish. He would not be a 1st choice striker though, and i'm not sure that's something he would like.

 
I don't particularly want him, however he is the subject of the best website in the world...

www.gomezbutton.de 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
There's rumor making rounds on Twitter that Gomez has an "almost perfect offer from CFC".

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top