Mason Mount

Looked pretty good, wouldn't know he's a guy making debut. He's not going to nail a starting spot over night, but he's making good progress. Jose's comments were ridiculous, I'm sure Mount be on loan for 5 years or sold for a few pound if Jose is in charge of Chelsea again. under Jose and Conte, we had youngster having good preseason, yet when the real football begins they were farmed out without a second thought, at least Lampard is taking preseason seriously.

 
I don't think he has a killer shot at this level, Frank did yet think Mason will struggle though at least he hits the target.
Really don't know what you are getting at with this comment but it doesn't seem your better ones.
 
Looked pretty good, wouldn't know he's a guy making debut. He's not going to nail a starting spot over night, but he's making good progress. Jose's comments were ridiculous,
It just shows he's learned absolutely nothing from the most embarrassing blunder of his career.

Thankfully the club have and appointed the right coaching team to get the best out of these boys.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there was a freeze frame of the line - I am sure it was a verty tight call

 
I wish there was a freeze frame of the line - I am sure it was a verty tight call
I was able to freeze it as soon as the ball was kicked (took some practice).  It's tough to tell because the Souse CB is standing very straight.  To me it looks onside but his left shoulder might be barely off.

 
Mount plays like a seasoned pro. He's played against ManU and Liverpool and has shown to be where he needs to be. Play at the top level. Can't wait to see CHO and RLC back in the squad. We are seeing our youth emerge here in a big time.

 
Looks a top prospect, not so much in terms of his ability to create chances but the fact he can play in multiple positions and still perform to a high standard. His best position seems to be left inside forward but he can also play on the right flank or at centre attacking mid / second striker. Reminds me of Mata.

 
He's looking amazing so far, I'm most impressed by his shooting ability, his disallowed goal so well taken you don't always expect players to hit the corner at an angle like that. Most if not all of his shots so far have been on target, he's accurate and always tests the keeper, I can see him developing into a 20+ goal a season player.

 
The way he took that penalty reminded me of Frank. Blast it home, no bullsh*t on it. Just a good goal. 

 
Now I have a new favourite player. I really love this kid. He looks like a new signing with lots of potential. I think this transfer ban is a blessing in disguise.

 
Now I have a new favourite player. I really love this kid. He looks like a new signing with lots of potential. I think this transfer ban is a blessing in disguise.
It will be seen that way I reckon, when we have James, RLC, CHO all back and Tammy builds up his confidence.

 
He's looking amazing so far, I'm most impressed by his shooting ability, his disallowed goal so well taken you don't always expect players to hit the corner at an angle like that. Most if not all of his shots so far have been on target, he's accurate and always tests the keeper, I can see him developing into a 20+ goal a season player.
What was even more impressive was that it was with his weaker left foot!

 
I really like the look of Mount, confidence, energy and performed well against 2 of the best teams in the country.

Love the way he is on free kick duties, shows the faith Frank has in him.

 
I've been really impressed with the lad, I had my reservations during pre-season whether he'll be able to adjust to the step up from Championship to the top end of the PL but he doesnt seemed too fazed by the challenge. My only concern around Mount is in reference to his position in the team, we have quite a few players competing for the attacking mid role & once everyone is fit he may drop down the pecking order. In a system of 4-2-3-1 I can see him playing Centrally and competing with Barkley however I think the long term solution for Lampard will most likely be 4-3-3 which makes things difficult for Mount.

Hopefully we have a congested season coming up with the squad doing well across all competitions in order to give everyone decent game time, I think one of Lampards main challenge is going to be rotating the squad well and keeping the key members of the squad happy & not just the first team. This was probably Mourinho's biggest failings as a Manager he built his success mainly around a core group of players and everyone outside that circle felt ostracized and felt they had to look for game time elsewhere.

 
We I think RLC and CHO will likely get ahead of him. However he is a better option than Barkley, Pedro and Willian already imo.

 
The only issue I have with him at the moment is that he tends to fade as the game goes on, but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I never thought he would play such a key role in our squad so quickly.
I really like what I have seen though have been surprised he has not been taken off in the 2nd half.

 
Back
Top