Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games previously. Is ME 3 still a good stand alone or is it huge negative not having played the first 2?

 
Okay so I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games previously. Is ME 3 still a good stand alone or is it huge negative not having played the first 2?
I have a PS3 so I was never able to play the first one, something that still bugs me. The first two are pretty cheap right now, and you can import your previous saves into the next game and keep your same character going. Basically, decisions that you make in ME1 and 2 come back to shape how stuff plays out in ME3. I'd say you're better off starting from as early as you can (ME1 on PC or Xbox, ME2 on PS3; it comes with an interactive comic that allows you to make some of the major choices from ME1 at least).

 
I dont really know, I suppose it will still be an excellent game on its own but a lot of the nuances would go over your head. If you can I would definitely play the other 2 first, as a trilogy it really is outstanding gaming.

 
It took me 28 hours but I finally completed it today. It's a great game and I was happy enough with my ending.

 
Suggest that you play the old ones first as well, playing this third one and having missed out on some DLC from the second has got me confused sometimes with "new" characters I've never seen before because I didnt get the DLC.

Im around 16 hrs in and got loads left it feels like, great game.

 
Just finished. The ending wasn't as bad as I thought, but still kind of vague. What really annoyed me though was how you select your ending. There's a choice to be made and in the end I really wasn't sure what choice I was making.

I'll take some time off from this for awhile and then go back and do my Renegade playthrough. That one has everyone alive in and loyal in it, so there will be a couple things I missed surely playing through my Paragon just now.

 
I think the main annoyance from people with the ending was that no matter what you select, it's the same ending pretty much, regardless of everything you chose up till that point. So 1 play through you probably wouldn't notice it.

 
Still really want this, but really don't want to be pissed off and disappointed by the ending. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to storylines and I can't stand a sh*t ending after all that build up.

 
The ending doesn't really spoil such a fantastic game, it isn't brilliant but it isn't as bad as some are making out. Also, the new ending should be released soon.

 
The ending isn't that bad, and if it's 50% off where you live, that's pretty great value. Also, the new ending could be out by the time it takes you to get to that point.

 
New ending DLC is to be released this week, at least in North America. Guess I can start up my renegade playthrough soon and see what they changed.

 
I saved almost near the end, will download and play the new DLC.

 
Never personally been interested in this game before but everyone seems to like it. I wonder if I should get it.

 
Never personally been interested in this game before but everyone seems to like it. I wonder if I should get it.
What system do you own? I have a PS3, so ME1 is unavailable to me. However, ME2 was still an amazing game for me to playthrough, and the interactive comic helps alleviate missing out on the first game. It's definitely the type of series where you will get more enjoyment out of it if you have as many of the games as you can, so I wouldn't recommend starting with 3.

dkw - I've thought about that, but since I still need to do my Renegade carryover playthrough, I'll probably just start that up this week and go on from there. I usually do a soldier during my first playthrough, but I think I need to switch it up to an engineer or adept this go around. Any suggestions?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same, played as soldier so might play a renegade playthrough engineer.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top