Middlesbrough Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 20/11 2016 KO 16:00 GMT

I hope i wont see him missing the big EPL games coming up ! Spurs and City , after the Boro game . Batschuayi is B.S. at the moment , that lad needs to show some serious performances if he deserves to play up as CF and to be considered as backup for Diego .
He's scored a goal and got an assist in 76 minutes of premier league action, thus contributing to a goal every 38 minutes. Not really sure what more you want him to do when he's being given 10 minutes at the end of games here and there.

Grow up mate.

 
Hi guys

I have a spare ticket the the borough game in our away section - if anyone is interested PM me 

 
A potential banana peel, though less obviously so than say Southampton.

Karanka will have all the incentive in the world to try and park the bus so an early goal would be good. At home, he may be a bit more likely to try and attack than he would be playing away. Once that happens...

 
I hope i wont see him missing the big EPL games coming up ! Spurs and City , after the Boro game . Batschuayi is B.S. at the moment , that lad needs to show some serious performances if he deserves to play up as CF and to be considered as backup for Diego .
 How about we start batshuayi with the team that started against everton before you make any further unfair judgement?  Costa can miss this game, rested or cared for his injury..

 
I wouldn't actually mind if Costa did sit out this game. Every game is important, but i wouldn't want us to risk making his injury worse which rules him out of the games against Tottenham and City.

 
I think Costa will be fine. I am hoping that Spain and us came to agreement that unless they really need Costa no point forcing him to play him in matches they don't need him and as he has had problems with injuries in the past, give him a rest. Macedonia who they battered yesterday and England, a friendly fixture so I am hoping it is that typical 'he has got a injury' cover up and he is back fit for the weekend. He has been fit all season and to get a injury of all times now... :biggrin:

I am hopeful he is back for Sunday.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The International break couldn't have come at a worse time for us ( unlike the last one). Although I'm still confident we will continue our good form, the fatigue will come into play for majority of the team. Boro has been good this season, a number of title contenders couldn't put them away. I reckon it will be huge if we could win there. Same 11 if possible, who change if there's no injury?

 
A potential banana peel, though less obviously so than say Southampton.

Karanka will have all the incentive in the world to try and park the bus so an early goal would be good. At home, he may be a bit more likely to try and attack than he would be playing away. Once that happens...
Do we have to use the phrase "park the bus" ? So lazy. "Defend well" might be a more apt one.

 
Back to 'real football ' after the International break.

Again, another tough one. Hope our attitude is the same as in the Everton game.

2-0 us.

 
5 days more to wait, I hope Conte will get us ready for the game.

Rumours that Hazard and Costa are injured, a big loss to us, but hopefully they will be available to play at their best.

Another tough opponent, their draw against City showed some positive things about them against big teams, we have to do homework and beat them + continue our amazing form.

I'd like to see this starting line:

------------------------------ Courtois ------------------------------

---- Azpilicueta -------- David Luiz ------------- Cahill -----------

Moses ------- Kante -------------- Matic ----------- Marcos Alonso

---------------- Pedro ----------------------- Hazard ----------------------

------------------------- Diego Costa --------------------------------

If Hazard and Costa won't be available, then we have Willian and Batshuayi who can do the job as well. 

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!!!!

 
If Hazard really isn't available, I would probably prefer Pedro to start in his position, and Willian to play the more restricted role on the right. Pedro has been by far the more dangerous of the two this season, and is certainly the more natural forward and the more likely of the two to get goals. In addition Willian can obviously be trusted to play a disciplined game (assuming we stick to largely the same gameplan), allowing Pedro the freedom to remain higher up the pitch.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Man City should have beaten 'Boro by a cricket score 2 weeks back, while I've some concerns about this game, we really should be turning over 'Boro with relative ease.

If we approach this game with 75% of the intensity of the Everton game we'll be out of sight by half time.

Costa and Hazard are the main worries, not for this game but the Spurs/City double header thats just around the corner, we need both fit and available but they're imperative to the system and our only real goal scorers.

Same team will start thats played the last few games unless there is some last minute injuries and I think we'll win 3-1.

 
Man City should have beaten 'Boro by a cricket score 2 weeks back, while I've some concerns about this game, we really should be turning over 'Boro with relative ease.

If we approach this game with 75% of the intensity of the Everton game we'll be out of sight by half time.

Costa and Hazard are the main worries, not for this game but the Spurs/City double header thats just around the corner, we need both fit and available but they're imperative to the system and our only real goal scorers.

Same team will start thats played the last few games unless there is some last minute injuries and I think we'll win 3-1.
I think Hazard is okay - the major worry is Diego!  If he's not fit, I'd rather he gets some rest and we do Boro with Basthuayi instead.  We have the Spuds and City next and need the guv'nor 100% for these games.  That said, I always take each game like a final!  So Boro need to be taken seriously and we need to attack them relentlessly to get early goals and kill the game!   So if Diego can play let him!! Get the early goals then rest him after that!  All we need is the 3 points and move on!  

              Courtois 

        Azpi    LUIZ    Cahill

MOSES    N'GOLO    Matic    Alonso

     PEDRO   GUV'NOR  HAZARD

I must mention Alonso.  He started the season a bit shakey but has shown great improvement.  He is not yet the finished article but has has really improved in last few games and he is beginning to look settled on that left hand side!  He is doing a great job considering Cahill is not as strong as Azpil and HAZARD is just perfect offensively and will not provide the cover that Moses has through Pedro and Azpi.  I was woried by this side but we are really looking strong so all praise to Alonso and Conte for the hard work!   I Just cant wait for the weekend!!

The international break is over!! finally.  I WISH I could put 11 CHELSEA players on my fantasy football team!

 
Don't want to jinx this but I can't see us struggling here. They're close to the relegation areas and with our quality we should win this comfortably. We've got spurs and city coming up so need the three points here.

 
Seems like 6 months ago we beat Everton,  Interational break is a mini travesty for football supporters 

 
We are making the same mistake we made last season with Diego. I dont care if he is fit. we shd play batshuayi just so he gets a feel for the team. The lad is going to go ice cold benching for us and for belgium, He more than anyone needs games and minutes. it wont suprise me if conte is stubborn and plays diego just so he misses spurs and city. We have to understand that diego can only operate in one gear and that is full throttle. 

 
Back
Top