Milan to sign Ivanovic on free transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if he wanted to leave at this point in time.

However...if we do bring Bossy in, and he loses his position...that would be worrying.

I say give him a 3-4 year contract now.

 
I guess he will back on the CB now... At Villa Park we'll see Bosingwa on the RB and I hope to see JT-Ivan in the middle. It might be a good partnership.

 
I guess he will back on the CB now... At Villa Park we'll see Bosingwa on the RB and I hope to see JT-Ivan in the middle. It might be a good partnership.
I doubt Bosingwa will get to start. We'll probably have JT and Ivan as centre backs and Ferreira as RB. If Bosingwa is ready to play he'll probably be brought on with about 20 minutes to go.

 
It's easy to forget that Ivanovic was originally a central defender, and that he's actually been filling in at right back. Bosingwa is of course, a natural right back,. so logically Ivanovic should be able to revert to centre back. Whether or not things will actually work out that way remains to be seen, but with Alex currently out injured, Bosingwa still some way from match fitness, JT getting older, Ivan's ability to slot in either at right back or centre back makes him an extremely valuable asset.
I certainly think you bring up a few valid points here Hutch but I've highlighted one in particular. It's something that nags the recesses of my Chelsea brain, but I feel it's something that we're scared to talk of as Chelsea fans.

However, how many more seasons do you think we'll get out of Terry? I think as captain, and his captain like performances, he's set for at least one season more than a "regular" defender would be. But, how long will we get out of Terry?

I think Ivan has done enough to warrant the RB position over Bossy for the time being, and that he could easily fill in for Alex; but, if everyone is fit, does Bossy even get looked at for a CB position due to his consistant performances and level of play time at RB?

 
I certainly think you bring up a few valid points here Hutch but I've highlighted one in particular. It's something that nags the recesses of my Chelsea brain, but I feel it's something that we're scared to talk of as Chelsea fans.
You're not wrong to highlight that one, even less so in the light of the latest injury news, the phrase "and injury prone" being one I deliberately left out of my original post.

 
Excellent news if true:



Ivanovic new deal close as Juvé links rubbishedThere's been a little rumour doing the rounds this weekend aboutBranislav Ivanovic, our Serbian defender. Apparently, according to therags' reports, he's keen on a move to Italians Juventus in January.

There were a couple of factors which, when all put together, led the press to come up with this storythis week. Firstly, Ivanovic's contract situation in West London; the26-year-old's current deal with the Blues expires next summer and, asis the norm when players enter the final year of their deal, rumoursare rife.

Secondly, his role in Carlo Ancelotti's first teamsquad has also been cited. Ivanovic has deputised admirably over thelast twelve months at right back, in the injury absence of JoseBosingwa. However, with Bosingwa set for a first team return next week,the general consensus is that Ivanovic will lose out in the battle ofthe full backs. Furthermore, he's also probably the Blues' third-choicecentre back option, behind skipper John Terry and Alex, which must also play on his mind a bit.

Andthirdly, there's been talk that he's keen on a move to Juvé to link upwith his countryman Milos Krasic, whose agent, incidentally, is thepartner of Ivanovic's representative Vlado Borozan.

Borozan,however, has spoken out today to rubbish such talk, insisting that aswitch to Italy is the last thing on his client's mind. In fact, sayshis agent, Ivanovic is actually on the brink of signing a contractextension in SW6.

'There is no truth regarding contact between Ivanovic and Juve.,' he declared. 'Those rumours are without foundation.'

'Ibelieve the link may have been made due to the fact that my partner(Dejan) Joksmovic is Krasic's agent and that Ivanovic's contract willexpire in June 2011.'

'But the lad is about to sign a contract extension with Chelsea so I really don't think he will be moving away.'
LINK

 
Thank god for that. The only thing which mightve caused him to move was being played at RB too much when he wants to be in the center (Gallas anyone?) but he has gone from an exciting import to being one of the best defenders in England at Chelsea.

Milan seem to be turning a corner, finally, and any player would be bonkers to not even consider joining them, but Ivan's situation is too good right now. With Alex injured and JT more injury prone these days, I think he will get many opportunities to be "the man" in the middle. I just hope Bossie can stay fit and give us options at RB.

 
A new twist to the Juve interest is that they are now apparently promising Ivanovic a place in the centre of defence if he signs for them.

I could be wrong here, but I don't know of any Gallas type complaints from Ivan at being "forced" to play right back. It's not as if he's been struggling in that position either.

LINK

 
They are funny... Of course, Bossy is close to a return from injury, but Ivanovic isn't going to lose his place in the team only because of Bossy. I guess they forgot about class of Ivanovic! HE'S GREAT!!!

 
Hutch, there are no quotes that I know either about his prefernce. But the prevailing rag opinion seems to be that he fancies himself a CB first. Probably bullsh*t to be honest.

He would have to be mental to sign for Juve. They are a mess at the moment.

 
Yeah, and I think they don't need a CB or a RB. He won't join them because of the agent!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top