Mobile site advert hijacks

It is weird that, just like Dave, it only happens on my Iphone and not on my PC.  Not sure why that is the case.  I get the exact same pop-up that Dave gets.

 
Cheers Phillip, there is someone looking into it now. We can't have pop-ups and the website leading elsewhere automatically.

 
@Phillip Are these just normal adverts you are seeing in amongst the forum or actual pop ups over the top of the the forum or being led off to different websites? I can't seem to re-create it on my phone.

 
THEy are pop-ups over the forum page.  But you cannot close them and get back to ths forum page, so in that regard the hijack you.

 
I've not seen any of these for a few days now whereas last weekend it was happening constantly. If it starts happening again I'll report back here. Thanks for sorting it.

 
cheers @bluedave

@Phillip can you clear your Safari cache and see if it still happens. I'm surprised an Amazon ad would hijack the browser.

 
It is clearly a fraudulent amazon pop-up.  Let me figure out how to clear the cache on my safari Appl on my iPhone ,  I cleared the cache .  Fingers crossed.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to me on chrome android, since switching to firefox, it has stopped.

 
Though for me, even after I cleared my cookies and history, they never went away like they apparently did for BlueDave.

 
Nope, they are still there.  Now i get a wheel of fortune kind of popup.

 
Back
Top