Duke Von Hammer
New Signing
- Messages
- 36
- Reaction score
- 0
JT!!Showed his experience is still needed !
I would disagree, Cahill generally is our most mistake-prone defender. But, along with JT, he was excellent last night. So good on him.Could have gone for either but plumped for Cahill as I feel he is a very underrated player and IMO took some rather unfair criticisms on these forums last season more, I felt, for the fact that he didn't have curly hair and wasn't Brazilian, rather than any obvious and repeated defensive frailties.
He's the best defender to played in this country in the last 50 years, no question, though nobody cares to admit it, except me.JT was captain of the back four that has conceded the fewest amount of goals in a Premier League season, in my mind that makes him THE greatest defender of the Premier League because he captained the best defense.
Because Davey it's far more fashionable to hate on JT than to give him any sort of praise.He's the best defender to played in this country in the last 50 years, no question, though nobody cares to admit it, except me.
I have a feeling we have a few Nigerian fans on the board forming a kind of cult of personality around Mikel. Nothing wrong with supporting your countrymen mind, but it's the only way I can explain the seemingly personal outrage some posters express when you suggest Mikel isn't up to standards.3 votes for Mikel? He was only on the pitch for 5 minutes.
No wonder the boy gets so much stick on this forum.