MOTM vs Portsmouth (FA Cup)

Who was your MOTM against Pompey in the FA Cup?

  • Cech

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Luiz

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bosingwa

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramires

    Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Malouda

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Lampard

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Torres

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Mata

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Meireles

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bertrand

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukaku

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romeu

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    34
Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,723
Reaction score
6,608
Based on the radio commentary after 80 minutes I was going to vote for Ramires so his late goals clinched it.

 
Can I pick Ramires even though the game hasn't ended & i'm listening to it on Chelsea tv?

 
I'm going for Torres.

He took up some great positions but was never found. His running off the ball was terrific. Malouda refused to pass to him as usual.

Did I mention I never watched the game .. ?

 
I'm not so sure, ramires because of his last goals but I was really impressed with both miereles and luiz.

 
He also set up both Ramires' goals, although admittedly neither pass was incredibly hard. Ramires is the obvious pick, but Torres wasn't exactly a waste of space.

 
Hard one since I have only seen the goals so im going for Ramires!

 
Ramires. I've haven't heard or watched one minute of the match but this guy and the way he plays is (what hope) is the future of Chelsea. If only we had a few more players of his pace and athleticism.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ramires second goal was fantastic. The ball from Torres did him few favours. He had to break stride and it set him back a bit, whereas it should have been played well in front of him. However he did the right thing, going across the defender, and he slotted it home perfectly. What a player. I can't see anyone else getting player of the season.

 
i voted Ramires, purely because I didn't think anyone else really deserved it - Mata had glimpses of quality, as did Torres but apart from that we were very mediocre for the majority of the game, Meireles gave the ball away a lot (again), Luiz nearly shot us in the foot (again) and JT saved us a few times (again).

Ramires was a lot better when Romeu came on to free him up a little, speaking of which, another great performance from the young spaniard even if it was only for a few mins. Lukaku came on and looked bright, he obviously really wants to play - just wish we'd had the game sewn up at half time and he could've got more time than just 10 mins or under.

 
Ramires or Lampard. Tbh at times it seemed the only one with a bit of urgency was Lampard. Watching Chelsea is painful esp when people either side of you are constantly swearing. And why were no younger players involved? Hutch and Bertrand should have started (and Josh depending on loan). Only real plus point was seeing Brooke Vincent and her 'gals', but that was well before the match had even started.....

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Terry for me. Didn't put in a foot wrong and made a spectacular clearance out to save us the lead at 1-0.

I see a lot of people voted for Ramires, probably because of his two goals. Though those were taken with confidence and ability you would normally expect from a striker, he didn't have the best of games. Very few of his trademark runs and not too many successful tackles.

Torres had a decent game passing-wise (2 assists) and he looks more comfortable setting people up rather than taking chances himself.

 
Tried to EDIT, but it wouldn't:

Would have voted for Luiz, who had a cracking game otherwise, until I realised he messed up for Pompey's best chance in the game. But otherwise he was amazing - nearly 100% tackle success, dribbling past players left, right and centre, outrunning attackers comfortably. He really is a great player.

 
Ramires again for me, not too much doubt about the (upcoming) player of the season.

 
I always enjoy these MoTM threads when the game hasn't been on TV!

Some might call it a patient performance, others a lacklustre one. On the whole, we were pretty ordinary. We played at a pace that Portsmouth were comfortable with apart from the first few minutes of each half.

I presume that Ramires is the front runner based on his two goals and the fact that most voters didn't actually see the match? He played alright and it was interesting that his goals came after he was pushed forward in to a wide right attacking position after Malouda was taken off.

I thought that for the first time in a while Frank actually had a good game. He looked to move the ball faster and played some very nice first time balls.

 
I'm not voting since I couldn't see the match on TV or via streaming.

Sounds like Ramires was his typical workhorse-self, which is good.

 
Voted Malouda, for the assist and..

1ghqtd.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for Torres.

He took up some great positions but was never found. His running off the ball was terrific. Malouda refused to pass to him as usual.

Did I mention I never watched the game .. ?
Davey, its hard to tell if youre picking on him or just kidding around, but im sure youre not giving him MOTM. But I dont understand why you take what (by all accounts) was a good game for Torres and use it to have a laugh at the guy.

I could just as easily say "Went for David Luiz, another stellar performance from our defensive titan" for a laugh, but thankfully we've got Craig Burley to do that for us.

 
Torres but to be frank 4 0 was flattering for us just don't get it something not right with Chelsea they seam slow and sluggish someone sort it out for f**k sate

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top