MOTM vs Southampton (H) (LC)

MOTM vs Southampton (H) (LC)

  • Sarr

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hudson-Odoi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saúl

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alonso (c)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ziyech

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barkley

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mount (sub)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilwell (sub)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    23
Kepa!

....yea it feels weird saying that!

 
200.gif


 
Kepa because all the outfield players were complete sh*te. 
Harsh. Trev did very well considering the lack of protection.

As I have posted in his thread :

Good performance from him tonight. Little protection from Saul, none from Kova, a RWB who cannot defend, a LWB that did not want to, a RCB who wanted to always go forward and a LCB who was a deer in the headlights.

Trev held us together. Good job that man.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Over time, I've become increasingly convinced that the Torres experience has traumatised us. While I am very proud that we have turned that into something healthy (wholeheartedly getting behind our players who are either sh*t or lacking in confidence (Werner is a perfect example)), I cannot justify voting for Kepa given the nature of the equaliser.

This is actually a tricky one, given that most of the outfield players were varying degrees of rubbish. I've gone for Chalobah.

 
Interesting... I didn't see the match so read the match report on the BBC website, and their ratings have Havertz as the stand-out top performer with 7.45/10, while Kepa is second to last with 5.78/10 (Saul is in last place).

 
Over time, I've become increasingly convinced that the Torres experience has traumatised us. While I am very proud that we have turned that into something healthy (wholeheartedly getting behind our players who are either sh*t or lacking in confidence (Werner is a perfect example)), I cannot justify voting for Kepa given the nature of the equaliser.

This is actually a tricky one, given that most of the outfield players were varying degrees of rubbish. I've gone for Chalobah.
I've gone for Chalobah on the same basis. He did have a very good game in what was a disjointed backline with precious little protection. Kepa made a number of good saves but did gift the equaliser(along with the left side of our defence), if we accept that as the norm then he deserves the MoM.

 
Interesting... I didn't see the match so read the match report on the BBC website, and their ratings have Havertz as the stand-out top performer with 7.45/10, while Kepa is second to last with 5.78/10 (Saul is in last place).
Havertz was imho quite good (very good actually) - he ran the show upfront almost alone for most parts of the game since Barkley and Zyiech both were playing extremely "unfortunate" and most of the others were having trouble getting the ball out of our box (exaggerated) against a relentlessly pressing (and fouling) Southampton side in a meaningful way.

 
Interesting... I didn't see the match so read the match report on the BBC website, and their ratings have Havertz as the stand-out top performer with 7.45/10, while Kepa is second to last with 5.78/10 (Saul is in last place).


 
Kepa transforms into a good GK only after he concedes a goal. 

That's why he's so good at penalties

 
Interesting... I didn't see the match so read the match report on the BBC website, and their ratings have Havertz as the stand-out top performer with 7.45/10, while Kepa is second to last with 5.78/10 (Saul is in last place).
I thought that Havertz was the best outfield player and gets the MOTM from me in front of Kepa because he scored and was running the show up front. Kepa saved us from a couple of given goals, but so did Foster for Southampton, and Kepa does not install much confidence in set pieces. I think that he could have done more in their goal but it is definitely not his fault. On the other hand, for me Alonso was the worst player on the pitch, he was atrocious defending and, though he made a few good runs into space (as he does always), these came to nothing and his lack of speed is just getting worse by the day. Saul did not much wrong, a couple of misplaced balls, I think he lost the ball in their goal, but Alonso defending was bad. And Saul had at least three clear chances of goal, two saved by Foster that would have been great goals. So for me he was not even close to our worst player. Ziyech did bugger all and I thought that Barkley had a decent game, for the standard of the team last night.

 
Agreed - although Barkley didn’t offer a lot imho - also quite a cruel game to judge players, especially those that aren‘t ‚regulars‘, on since they never played together beforehand, most of em having their own set of problems to deal with, and faced a hyper aggressively pressing opponent. That‘s just a harsh circumstance to be thrown into and therefore the first half was quite ok.

Didn‘t know about Christensen and Dave being both out and in doubt for the next, much more important, game since I thought that CHO instead of Barkley would have helped a lot. But there weren‘t really that many alternatives to realize that (without throwing Thiago into the mix who shouldn‘t be risked).

 
Back
Top