Maksimov
Like eagles on pogo sticks!
- Messages
- 14,416
- Reaction score
- 614
I'm trying to put together a little movie related quiz for a certain occasion. There are several themes in the quiz and at the moment I'm trying to come up with food related questions. Please help me find some well known movies(they can't be too obscure) with memorable food related scenes in them. I'm struggling a bit at the moment. I've got some questions already, but I need a few more food related ones.
What fictional restaurants can you come up with that have been seen in movies? There are the obvious Jack Rabbit Slim's and Big Kahuna Burger in Pulp Fiction and Pizza Planet in the Pixar movies, but what else?
Any imaginary food items? Like Soylent Green in...well, Soylent Green...(?)
Any famous uses of product placement? Like Pizza Hut in Wayne's World and Back to the Future Part II.
Any famous meals? Like when there's eye soup and frozen monkey brain(and other weird foods) on offer in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or the fat man in the restaurant bit from Monty Python's Meaning of Life...? Or when Hannibal Lecter tells about eating liver with some fava beans and Chianti.
Also...I'm wondering if there are any other movies where a hamburger restaurant is being robbed(or there's at least an attempt), other than Coming to America(Samuel L. Jackson trying to rob the McDowell's) and Falling Down(Michael Douglas causing havoc at the Whammy Burger)? Surely there must be at least one other movie...?
All help is appreciated, but feel free to talk about all things related to food and movies. I might get an idea from the most random things.
What fictional restaurants can you come up with that have been seen in movies? There are the obvious Jack Rabbit Slim's and Big Kahuna Burger in Pulp Fiction and Pizza Planet in the Pixar movies, but what else?
Any imaginary food items? Like Soylent Green in...well, Soylent Green...(?)
Any famous uses of product placement? Like Pizza Hut in Wayne's World and Back to the Future Part II.
Any famous meals? Like when there's eye soup and frozen monkey brain(and other weird foods) on offer in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or the fat man in the restaurant bit from Monty Python's Meaning of Life...? Or when Hannibal Lecter tells about eating liver with some fava beans and Chianti.
Also...I'm wondering if there are any other movies where a hamburger restaurant is being robbed(or there's at least an attempt), other than Coming to America(Samuel L. Jackson trying to rob the McDowell's) and Falling Down(Michael Douglas causing havoc at the Whammy Burger)? Surely there must be at least one other movie...?
All help is appreciated, but feel free to talk about all things related to food and movies. I might get an idea from the most random things.