Neil Barnett gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Daze

First Team Regular
Messages
4,515
Reaction score
357
Apparently he's being replaced as the pre-match announcer and doing less on CTV. Can't say I'm fussed if that's true.

 
Nor would I be. I've been pretty embarrassed by him several times. He took the piss out of Stoke supporters at the FA Cup game last year as they hadn't sold out their allocation, despite the ones he was taking the piss out of had actually travelled. It would be alright if it was funny but he rarely is. Just worsens our reputation further.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
good ole spy. He was quite well known amongst the old guard players. hopefully his replacement will be a hype guy and really get the crowd going, not some boring, monotone voiced person. 

My choice would be Michael Buffer, the boxing MC. "For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world, LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!" 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Proper d**khead meet him loads of times. Very arrogant man. If its true I'll be delighted well overdue in my opinion . I remember seeing him pour hot coffee over himself in the tunnel back in the nineties he was to impressed by me laughing at him.

 
I swear something like this happend to him before, he use to do all the phone in shows on chelsea tv and now he doesn't do any.

 
Bit naff pre match but that's the clubs fault as much as his for asking someone to do that on the pitch in the first place...but he's good on chelsea TV, actually knows his stuff and asks some proper questions...the others are too scared to say boo to a goose so you just get loads of bland 'look forward to the next game' soundbites...but then that's probably what the powers that be prefer

 
Always found his interviews with players with limited English (Oscar, Willian etc) to be quite cringe worthy.

I share the same opinion as many on Twitter. "He was a tosser, but he was OUR tosser".

 
Never really liked him much to be fair. The way he would wind up the away fans, make snide comments, bit unclassy. Leave it to the fans to take the piss

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh him, nah not fussed.

I noticed he blinked a lot does he have some sort of facial tick or something? (Not taking the piss btw)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've spoken to him by the Osgood statue once and he comes across as a "I'm the biggest Chelsea fan around, you ain't got sh*t on me" attitude. He's a twat and he often embarrassed the club through his pre-match announcements. 

Good riddance.

On the topic of Chelsea TV (which is the most awful club channel in the land). It lost it's only decent program with Cundy and Kerry. Now that Kerry's not on, it's sh*t. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he was okay could take him or leave him really.

Pros : He has a great relationship with the players, his knowledge of the team history, results, lineups, scorers etc etc is the best barre none.

Cons : Cringeworthy, a bit of a big head (according to the above, I have never met him)

 
Always thought he was a little bit of a prat, but a harmless prat.

Met him the once at the chelsea player awards, I was a bit sloshed and he seemed friendly, he was probably as hammered as me.

I think I even have pic with my arm round him hah

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not fussed one way or the other to be honest. Never met the bloke so can't say I disliked him but I did find him irritating on CTV and his pre-match announcements.

 
I have always quite liked the guy. I think most of the other male presenters are dull and boring. At least Neil has some personality about him. I did notice at the weekend he wasnt up at the game like he usually is.

All I read last night on twitter was that he has been banned from Cobham for calling someone important a c***. But I thought he had been banned from Cobham ages ago so dismissed the story.

 
...asks some proper questions...
In player interviews about 80% of his questions seem to start with "how good were...", "how good was...", or some other variation of "how good..." 

 
Been told that he hasn't been sacked, he just had a reduced role and won't do anything at half time.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top