Didnt know it was backwards to SATA 1 ports. Wow, actual thinking of people`s needs by a hardware builder. Who`da thunk it.Yes, a SATA III hdd would work on a SATA I port, but of course only with 150 MB/s speed. However you should check what capacity hdds that old mobo supports, because the most of the older ones that had SATA I ports could manage max 1 TB.
A 1 mbps upstream will feel slow when you are downloading your content from the internet especially if you want to stream it, and HD videos (720p+) will be a problem for sure.I have a max download speed of 4mb upload isnt even 1mb.
Are you sure about that? Time to get a girlfriend, TimI've heard more and more is in HD, but not in 3D yet.
OMG! Why am I even in this thread? I understand some of the words but almost none of the content
Not being able to explain the difference between SATA 1, 2 and 3 doesn't mean your technical knowledge is lacking. Neither is it lacking if you don't instantly know that SATA is the protocol for the cable connecting a hard drive in your computer. It's fine to not know that, unless you're building a computer from scratch at which point you just have to know that 3 is the fastest so make sure everything runs that.For the last few years I have felt I am hovering at the outer limit of my technological understanding. This thread just proves that.
Ah ok - I think that even makes sense! It's not that I think I should know all of that but I do feel a little overwhelmed by even the ordinary level of gadgets etc - I'm pretty good for someone of my age (!) and love fiddling (working out how to do things without at any level understanding it!) but there's just so much to sync, subscribe to, stream, etc that it's a struggle to keep up!Not being able to explain the difference between SATA 1, 2 and 3 doesn't mean your technical knowledge is lacking. Neither is it lacking if you don't instantly know that SATA is the protocol for the cable connecting a hard drive in your computer. It's fine to not know that, unless you're building a computer from scratch at which point you just have to know that 3 is the fastest so make sure everything runs that.
Us nerds like to show off just how much we know so we use acronyms and get into discussions about which RAID level you should use on your NAS, which no one needs to care too much about... Unless you're using RAID 0, then you're wrong.![]()
It'll poke your eye out if it's displayed in 3D.I've heard more and more is in HD, but not in 3D yet.
Indeed! I did the same, when they showed the "Double-oh heaven" Bond marathon on ITV. One Bond film, every Wednesday I think it was.Blimey, I'm 24 and can remember VHS. I was given a VHS player for my 10th birthday and I had recorded all the bond films off the TV!
Oh nostalgia.
As soon as something asks me to sign up or log in before use I don't use it. Waste of time. Probably much better free alternatives that don't require personal info. I hate things that need you to sign up to online service #7543It's not that I can't use it when I want to - it's knowing what is useful and what I need to know! Case in point - I've had a tablet for a year and use it much less than my laptop. I was exploring it today and found a OneNote app. I need to sign up to Microsoft Live to use it - but what is it and do I need it/will I use it? I've signed up but have absolutely no idea what it is!
Thanks - that's what I had thought and thought it may be useful - we shall see!As soon as something asks me to sign up or log in before use I don't use it. Waste of time. Probably much better free alternatives that don't require personal info. I hate things that need you to sign up to online service #7543
OneNote is like a note taking app but the login comes in because its supposed to link notes amongst all your devices so you can take notes on the tablet and view them on your pc later etc.
I hardly use any apps yet (partly because my stupid samsung phone is so poor at internal memory that it won't allow me to!) - need to have a day on my tablet exploring!I hate new machines, because then I have to figure out how it works. My tablet however is the one exception, I use it more nowadays than my laptop. I'm sure I could be doing more with it app-wise, but I'm pleased as punch when I discover something that is actually useful for a change. However did I cope in the old days without "Packlist" and "Track your parcel", for instanceAnd it's great when you're on holiday too, for weather apps, finding restaurants, figuring out public transport, etc. Provided there's a wifi connection of course...