New brush, new captain

Ballack & Blu

"Chance for Chelsea, goal for Chelsea"
Messages
7,214
Reaction score
2,585
Chelsea are stagnating with Dave and Jorginho as captain (s), look what Messi turned into after having Ramos as team mate  for a season, a driven monster, the Team is crying out for some JT esque leadership, atm I’d give it to Kova, got a bit about him, and some bite,  see how he reacts to good man management, and told to lead us strongly ….

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think one the many problems we have is that the only player who is a capable captain is in his late thirties, can't be a week in week out starter and won't be around for too much longer.

Jorginho is a shambles as a captain and Azpilicueta is on his last legs.

I don't think Kovacic is up to the job either.

We are spending a lot of time looking for 47 sort of strikers/sort of attacking midfielders when we really need to be focusing on finding a Roy Keane/Michael Essien/Patrick Viera etc etc. 

 
If only he could stay fit. A captain shouldn`t be as injury prone. 
The captain has a lot more responsibilities than just on the pitch, he basically sets the standards of the entire club. His first words to Koulibaly on arrival was "ready to win trophies?", if he says that to every new arrival they will be under no illusions of what's expected.

Reece is one of the few players in the current squad that wouldn't look out of place in the 04-10 sides, both ability and mentality wise. Even in worse case he can't fully get over his injuries the pros far outweigh the cons.

He represents everything this club is and should be about.

 
I'm getting the impression that people want Reece as captain, because he is one of our best players and a Cobham product. This does not necessarily make him a leader on and off the pitch though. I'm not saying that he isn't a leader, but I'd like to see some examples of that before handing him the armband.

 
Chelsea are stagnating with Dave and Jorginho as captain (s), look what Messi turned into after having Ramos as team mate  for a season, a driven monster, the Team is crying out for some JT esque leadership, atm I’d give it to Kova, got a bit about him, and some bite,  see how he reacts to good man management, and told to lead us strongly ….
B&B I have been preaching for years that Chelsea's biggest failing is the complete lack of Leadership both on and off the pitch. As well as leadership we also need some strength, toughness and a large pair of balls. I cant see any of these attributes in any of our rumoured signings this window. 😉

 
Which is why I went with Kova, knows the club, starts majority of games, make Silvas wife captain, lol, she seems to have spirit a plenty, 🤣

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The captain has a lot more responsibilities than just on the pitch, he basically sets the standards of the entire club. His first words to Koulibaly on arrival was "ready to win trophies?", if he says that to every new arrival they will be under no illusions of what's expected.

Reece is one of the few players in the current squad that wouldn't look out of place in the 04-10 sides, both ability and mentality wise. Even in worse case he can't fully get over his injuries the pros far outweigh the cons.

He represents everything this club is and should be about.
James looks too much manly for Potter to be his captain, we live in a new age now...

Kepa the captain echoes among the former Brighton coaches, maybe they share the same hobbies such as collecting dead insects with wings, oh the domination that comes with it...

Or maybe Cucurella, the fabulous hair man... Oh don't tell me it's going to be captain America, the embodiment of being strong while weak and weak while strong...

200.gif


 
Reece James is the obvious answer but he's never fit.

If Rice is signed in summer he's an obvious choice too with his experience.

Can Kepa keep his form up as from a tactical side of things he looks bang on the money, obvious concentration issues plague his career though.

Too many maybes from everyone.

It'll probably end up going to someone like Sterling in the end, even though it shouldn't.

 
I'm getting the impression that people want Reece as captain, because he is one of our best players and a Cobham product. This does not necessarily make him a leader on and off the pitch though. I'm not saying that he isn't a leader, but I'd like to see some examples of that before handing him the armband.
Spot on Valerie. Doesn't seem particularly vocal to me. Whilst i can't stand the fella, there is no doubting that Henderson for the scouse is a leader, for example.

 
If I was in charge, I'd recall Levi Colwill, stick him straight in the starting XI, and chuck the armband at him as well. Sink or swim, as the saying goes 🙂 

 
Once the legendary Dennis Zakaria has signed permanently…

(Yeah I’d give it to Reece really but I had to get that one in there.)

 
I'm getting the impression that people want Reece as captain, because he is one of our best players and a Cobham product. This does not necessarily make him a leader on and off the pitch though. I'm not saying that he isn't a leader, but I'd like to see some examples of that before handing him the armband.
I agree to an extent, I'd see him more of a vice captain. Also you don't necessarily want all your leaders in a captain role you just want a team or squad full of leaders, vocal players like Lamps, Drogba, Ballack, Cole etc to back JT or the JT equivalent. I see Mount as a leader for example but not a captain

 
Ironically after giving it some thought I can'tIthink of anyone in the squad I'd give it to atm, and my mind just randomly ran on Rudiger 😂 he would have been a decent pick imo

 
B&B I have been preaching for years that Chelsea's biggest failing is the complete lack of Leadership both on and off the pitch. As well as leadership we also need a large pair of balls.  😉
I'm your man then. Mine are like prize winning watermelons 

 
Back
Top