Now it's Laudrup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laudrup has done quite well with the team that has no star players whatsoever.
Bit like a certain Mr Mourinho at Porto then?
Without the big trophies, but yes...A BIT like Jose. I think Laudrup's done a great job, mind you. He won a load of trophies while he was the manager of Brøndby, though. They did play in UEFA Cup with some moderate success and along with those matches, I think his time as Denmark's assistant manager must've given him experience of big matches as a manager, something he knows plenty about from the player's point of view.

 
I really really hope that if/when we change our manager we only go after those with a long history of success with multiple clubs.To me, that means a Ottmar Hitzfelt, Carlo Anchellotti or someone like that.
I'm not sure about that. In the same way that I believe that we should buy players of potential who have yet to win major trophies in favour of those who have won it all in another shirt - a Drogba rather than a Sheva, a Lampard rather than a Veron - I believe that the same may be said for a manager. There are obviously honourable exceptions, Makalele and of course Jose, but in general I would rather have the personnel who prove themselves for the first time at Chelsea. With candidates such as Ottmar Hitzfelt and Carlo Anchellotti there would always be the suspicion that they would be coming for one last pay-day rather than professional ambition. It's all a question of hunger.

Admittedly, this would suggest that I prefer Avram can't over JM; nothing could be further from the truth. This is because of the underhand way in which Avram Can't got the job, based of his personal (arse-licking~?!) relationship with Roman rather than any perceived managerial potential.

As far as Laudrup is concerned, I do not know enough about his performance at Getafe. However I like the cut of his cloth.
In many respects Jose "had potential" when he joined us. He had done GREAT things at Porto, but Porto are a small club in European terms. He proved himself at Chelsea in almost every respect (bar a second CL triumph).

I believe that Avram is a stop-gap while Chelsea seek out the right manager to take us forward. Avram will move upstairs with a new manager and HTC as head coach. I prefer chosing a manager with "potential" that will be at the club for 10+ years and produce a team that pays entertaining football (ala Arsenal) and achieves success.

I suspect that the time since Jose departure has been spent seeking such an individual. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Ramos moved from N17 to SW6!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top