Now the SoBar is gone, Whats the best pub for a sing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShedEnd77

New Signing
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gutted to see its gone, anyone know where the best and loudest place for a sing and a pint is now?

 
Well after both WBA & Norwich, both of which I drank in the Lillie in West Bromptom, I have heard no whisper of where the Sobar lot have relocated. Has anyone heard of a pub nearer the ground perhaps that has come a bit more lively since the closure of the Sobar? I'm sure that lot muct have started drinking at another pub but not heard a single rumour as to where that might be- anyone got any info??

So sad to see the former Sobar all closed up on matchdays by the way, those lonely plastic palm trees just blowing in the wind outside with not a beer in site, pathetic...

 
I heard that most have moved to The Imperial.
ok I gonna try this next time!

What are the reviews of the Elk bar for the members on this board?I was there 2 times,total different with so bar.But also Chelsea minded.

 
I heard that most have moved to The Imperial.
The one in West Brompton just on from the Prince of Wales?

That is one pub I have never been to actually- what is it like in there in general, looks quite small from outside but that can obvioulsy be deceiving...

here is also an Imperial on the Kings Road but I assume u don't mean that one....

 
Also give the FOX a try..just round the corner from the Bridge n the Black Bull..The Foxs back garden has been known to be noisy.. I must try the imperial..What we will probably find is that the SO Bar was in the perfect location for ALL THINGS..You wont find anything with that sort of total package anywhere

 
Also give the FOX a try..just round the corner from the Bridge n the Black Bull..The Foxs back garden has been known to be noisy.. I must try the imperial..What we will probably find is that the SO Bar was in the perfect location for ALL THINGS..You wont find anything with that sort of total package anywhere
Yeah sadly I think u are right with that- the Sobar had a location that was just perfect for everyone cramming in there right after the game etc, also the away fans having to walk past it to get to & from the Shed end was always good banter. Really hope it fails to make money as the poxy little place it has become & returns to a proper pub sooner rather than later....

 
Hows about a few of us Blues chip in to buy the place when this current crap fails..ANYONE WIV A FEW BOB SPARE..?????

 
I didn't know the SO had closed so when we played West Brom we ended up just walking down the main road looking for a pub, ended up going to the Broadway and that was dull, so we went over the road to the Irish pub which was equally as dull...

before the Norwich game me and my mate ended up going to Imperial, was a much better atmosphere and although it didn't compare to the SO it was a good laugh.

 
I didn't know the SO had closed so when we played West Brom we ended up just walking down the main road looking for a pub, ended up going to the Broadway and that was dull, so we went over the road to the Irish pub which was equally as dull...

before the Norwich game me and my mate ended up going to Imperial, was a much better atmosphere and although it didn't compare to the SO it was a good laugh.
Sounds like the Imperial is worth checking out- might try it for Swansea. Was there a decent amount of singing etc??

 
Bringing my girlfriend to a Chelsea match with me for the first time and she's really keen to go into a Chelsea pub before the game, gutted to hear about SO but it sounds like Imperial is the best alternative right now then? Can't say I've ever seen it to be honest, will have a look out and hopefully find out way there.

Random question but where's the best place to grab a bite to eat before the game too? Something cheap but nice? Thinking Weatherspoons but idk...

 
The one in West Brompton just on from the Prince of Wales?

That is one pub I have never been to actually- what is it like in there in general, looks quite small from outside but that can obvioulsy be deceiving...

here is also an Imperial on the Kings Road but I assume u don't mean that one....
I've been to the one on the kings road prematch, it wasn't a bad atmosphere at all and this was last year
 
Ok...So lets sort that out..All of us who enjoy a pub singsong use the Imperial till it becomes a known n regular place for madhatters to congregate..I will of course have to have the obligitory sherbert in the Fox..Unfortunately i cant be with u more regular guys till the Arse match...see yas all then

 
Ok...So lets sort that out..All of us who enjoy a pub singsong use the Imperial till it becomes a known n regular place for madhatters to congregate..I will of course have to have the obligitory sherbert in the Fox..Unfortunately i cant be with u more regular guys till the Arse match...see yas all then
Yeah it seems like The Imperial is the choice for people who used to go to the Sobar so I am definately gouing to try and get there over the next couple of games..... the location just makes it that bit more difficult to just 'drop in' like u could at the So but will still be making an apperance!

 
Sounds like the Imperial is worth checking out- might try it for Swansea. Was there a decent amount of singing etc??
There was a decent amount yeh, it wasn't absolutely rammed but I spotted some celery :D

Ok...So lets sort that out..All of us who enjoy a pub singsong use the Imperial till it becomes a known n regular place for madhatters to congregate..I will of course have to have the obligitory sherbert in the Fox..Unfortunately i cant be with u more regular guys till the Arse match...see yas all then
sounds good to me tbh... need to get all the loud fans in one place again

 
Which Imperial boozer are you refering to. There is one in the Kings Road and one in West Brompton.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top