Osama Bin Laden supposedly dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauren

First Team Squad
Messages
1,283
Reaction score
11
just watching Fox news and they are reporting he has been killed tonight. I can't find reports elsewhere confirming this.

 
That's what I call efficiency. And just after 10 years of hunting for him.

 
Obama managed to do in two years what Bush took 8? Either way, I think this could open up a can of worms in regards to Pakistan and further help recruit more to the Taliban.

All I can say is; I hope we know where all the nukes are!

 
People are out celebrating in the streets all over America. I was raised in London, but the day after 9/11 I signed up in the US Infantry. This event brings closure to alot of people who lost their loved ones in the towers, and those flights, and to the countless others including myself, who lost loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's hard when you are fighting for something, but still have not got the man responsible. It took 10 years but glad we finally did. And I agree with u madmac, this is going to potentially open up a very large can of worms in regards to Pakistan. How he stayed in a mansion, in the capital city of a country that purports to be "allies" is going to be a question that will be asked alot over the coming days. Someone of Bin Laden's stature does not live in a large secured armed compound, without the people in power being fully aware, and giving it their blessing.

 
"Can of worms" Scott will probably be an understatement, celebrations in USA salt in a wound - the backlash I dread to think - just be sure it'll come when you least expect it.

 
They want us to be afraid. I f*ckin hope there is salt in a wound, because we had blood coming from ours. Justice was done today, and people are right to be happy about it, and celebrate it. People can say whatever they want about Osama, the fact is, he targeted innocents, on a mass scale. Simple as that. Every single man, woman and child, who is celebrating on those streets right now was one of his targets. And the world is a far better place without him. And that's why we're celebrating :)

 
The lack of conspiracy theorists today amazes me.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of conspiracy theorists today amazes me.
They were bound to run out of ideas sooner or later.

I just hope this doesn't backfire. Don't want things getting worse either in America or anywhere else... Especially knowing organizations like Al Qaeda don't give a dog's bollock about who it is they're killing, children, the elderly, and even the normal bloke who has little to do with the decisions their political leader makes.

Pushing aside any political views, I think we can all agree that terrorism is a disgrace.

 
Good ridance to him...i saw the photo of his head...i would say it IS him....they said at 7 55 gmt today they will see result of autopsy....

 
The photo of his head is really vile, yet strangley entertaining.

 
Thought his hair and beard were much more grey than in that photo. And now they're sayikng he's been buried at sea. Why? Not saying its not him but thought they'd hold on to the body a bit longer for various checks.

And USA is being very naive if they think its all over. It ain't.

 
I have removed the picture of the head. If anyone wants to see it I dare say it is all over the net. Must admit I was torn on it as it is obviously a major news point but we do have people looking in here who are pretty young and the image is fairly unpleasant.

 
Thought his hair and beard were much more grey than in that photo. And now they're sayikng he's been buried at sea. Why? Not saying its not him but thought they'd hold on to the body a bit longer for various checks.

And USA is being very naive if they think its all over. It ain't.
I share your scepticism Geezer - buried at sea so quickly seems very odd. I doubt anyone thinks this is over - Bin Laden is just a figurehead, until the root causes are addressed it will be 'business as usual'. Bin Laden's death (if it is true) will probably trigger some ferocious revenge missions.

 
Uh? entertaining?
Entertaining is probably the wrong word actually, probably should have gone with something that doesnt portray pleasure.

Im going to go with intresting.

 
I have no idea what to think, is he dead, is he not?

If he is its just going to trigger more stuff I reckon.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top