Osama Bin Laden supposedly dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
all this reporting does not add up, the twitter guy was talking about what he heard last night, but suddenly the DNA is confirmed, OBL is quickly buried at sea, it was Royal wedding weekend Pope beatification weekend too and the whole thing is confirmed late at night in the US which meant Europe didn't know till today. I'm not buying the timelines.

 
The thing I don't get is why anyone would have to honor UBL and give him a traditional muslim funeral? the mans a terrorist and should of been brought over to the US and really been confirmed dead - this just seems all weird to me.
In my opinion it is for the very reasons that Kev expresses so well. The chances of a long term peaces are at best remote but they will be even more remote if there is never any respect shown for different cultures and religions.

 
An article on the hoax picture and is this recent story even true?

Osama bin Laden is a pretty big deal. You’d think that it would be in the interests of US forces tKillingo take a snapshot of the elusive terror leader to milk the propaganda value of such a momentous turn of events, and yet the corporate media has given us nothing but a years old fake picture. This makes little sense, unless of course, somebody is trying to hide something, namely the fact that Osama’s dead corpse has been on ice for the best part of a decade.According to some reports, Bin Laden’s body has already been hastily “buried at sea,” meaning that the comic book story of his dramatic killing is based solely on the less than credible word of the U.S. government.

Of course, it’s probable that we’ll be treated to seeing all the gory details in due course once Osama’s corpse has been properly thawed and suitably presented for public consumption.

But the fake photo, which is still being used by the likes of the Daily Mail and the London Telegraph even after it was proven to be a contrived hoax that has been circulating on the Internet for years, fits perfectly with everything surrounding the Bin Laden myth – the fake video tapes, the fake audio tapes, the fake claim of responsibility for 9/11.

Everything about the Bin Laden myth that has been rapaciously whipped up by the establishment over the last 10 years has been fake, so why worry about putting out a fake photo and claiming it represents the freshly dead remains of the world’s most wanted?

We don’t need MSNC to tell us, “We think that bin Laden ‘death photo’ is a fake,” because we know it’s a fake. It’s been knocking around on the web since before Obama even took office. Here it is featured in a story released over a year ago. As Stokes Young illustrates, the bloodied face of Bin Laden is an obviously contrived composite image created from an image of Osama that dates back over 10 years.

But that didn’t stop TV news stations across the Middle East, as well as major newspapers in Britain like the Daily Mail and the London Telegraph, amongst a host of others, from passing the fraud off as evidence of Bin Laden’s death.

Despite the fact that Bin Laden’s corpse has almost undoubtedly been safely stored in a highly secure U.S. government morgue since at least 2002, the political grist to be enjoyed by an administration that has plummeted to the depths of unpopularity knows no bounds, which is why Obama victoriously proclaimed Osama’s “death ” during a speech last night almost as if the president himself had pulled the trigger.

The birther controversy and NATO’s indiscriminate murder of children in their pursuit of Colonel Gaddafi will now be swept under the rug and Obama can build his campaign for 2012 on the lie that he was the president who finally brought the evil boogeyman to justice.

Never mind the fact that numerous public officials went on the record to plainly state that Bin Laden has been dead for years and that the announcement of his demise was being kept back until the most politically expedient time.

As Kurt Nimmo and Alex Jones document, from FBI counterterrorism official Dale Watson, to former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, to Pakistani icon Benazir Bhutto, to CFR members, to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, all voiced publicly what the evidence clearly indicated, which is that Bin Laden died in late 2001.

The fact that a deluge of provably fake video and audio tapes were released by an organization with direct ties to the Pentagon in the years that followed illustrated how the military-industrial complex was keen to prolong the Bin Laden boogeyman myth as a backdrop against which to launch their takeover of the middle east under the umbrella of the “war on terror”.

But don’t think for a minute that final “confirmation” of Osama’s death will mean an end to the “war on terror” and U.S. troops pulling out of Afghanistan, just as the capture of Saddam Hussein did absolutely nothing to speed a U.S. exit out of Iraq.

If anything, the announcement of Osama’s death will only lead to more warfare and bloodshed in the region. Whether genuine or contrived, terrorist retaliation plots are already in the works and when they are unleashed, the establishment will point to them as a justification for more air strikes, more invasions and more regime change plots disguised as humanitarian aid.

In life, Bin Laden’s propaganda value as an Emmanuel Goldstein hate figure was immense, but in death his usefulness to the US military-industrial complex will, for a time at least, only increase.

http://www.infowars.com/media-runs-fake-photo-to-illustrate-bin-laden-death-propaganda/
 
There's also this:

Malware scammers target web users searching for news of Osama Bin Laden's death As news of Osama Bin Laden's death spread around the world like wildfire this morning, Internet scammers wasted no time in exploiting the situation.People searching for information on how the Al Qaeda leader perished took to Google and Twitter in their millions.

But scammers immediately set-up fake news stories in the hope of luring unsuspecting people onto malware-infected websites.

Among the search results being targetted are 'Osama Bin Laden Dead', 'Al Qaeda', 'Navy Seals' and 'Obama Address', the latter two relating to the U.S. forces that killed Bin Laden and the address the U.S. president gave to the nation soon after.

The fake search results link through to sites that contains the Rogue anti-virus.

This bogus software, which is most likely promoted as a registry cleaner, leaves most computers sluggish and unresponsive, and a few completely unusable.

A series of fake warnings are the most visible sign that a computer has been infected with malware.

Steve Martin, a spokesman for Symantec SMB, told website SecureComputing: 'Within 24 hours we can expect in excess of 100million spam emails.
When I was looking round earlier I noticed the fake image in particular was posted on some decidedly dodgy looking sites, so to be safe linked directly to just the image itself rather than any of the sites where it had been posted. So if you are looking for news on this story, just be careful about the sites you actually visit..

 
When I was looking round earlier I noticed the fake image in particular was posted on some decidedly dodgy looking sites,
Indeed, it was only the Daily Mail website before they removed it.

 
It's quite a well known fact that UBL stood on the gooner terraces at the clock end when much younger. I now have it on good authority that it wasn't the US military who downed him but was in fact a group of Manure fans who were pissed off at the gooners beating the mancs yesterday.

Okay maybe not.

 
As an American, I was happy to read that he was dead, but in no way was I running around celebrating it and chanting "U-S-A" like some of my friends from school (The fact that they are done for finals while I am sober and studying may be a contributing factor though). I believe that he is dead, and I also agree with observing the burial ritual, regardless of what he did to our country. Taking his body back to the USA and parading it around is only going to further inflame the fundamentalist sect of the Muslim community, something we would obviously want to avoid. As for the future of Al-Qaeda, they won't stop. However, to lose the leader of your organization, the one who had planned some of the worst terrorist attacks ever, it certainly has to have some negative effect on the organization.

Cheers for your service Kev - I read the Pat Tillman book by Jon Krakeur not too long ago, and he spent a chapter on the Tora Bora fiasco, wasn't really aware of how close we were to him there.

 
I don't see much to celebrate. Am I glad Bin Laden is dead? Well I wonder if the western world is safer now? Do I think he deserved to die? Probably, but who am I to judge him.

Donald Trump will probably demand a death certificate.

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" Socrates.

 
It's 10 years too late, but I'm still pleased he's gone. The thing is, he wasn't the entire organisation. Someone else will step up (or else he's already stepped up) and things won't change. In fact, now that USA has killed Bin Laden they might be in deep s*it. More attacks to follow?

 
It's 10 years too late, but I'm still pleased he's gone. The thing is, he wasn't the entire organisation. Someone else will step up (or else he's already stepped up) and things won't change. In fact, now that USA has killed Bin Laden they might be in deep s*it. More attacks to follow?
Won't just be the US in deep sh*t Moos, we all need to be on our guard

 
The man is dead but his doctrine lives on. How many have died for this twisted ideology or to prevent it's poisoned tendrils spreading further? His legacy is one of death and destruction and thankfully the failure of his organization to control a single Islamic state in spite of his best efforts. The fear and disbelief 9/11 instilled in all civilized humans across the world may have dissipated for the the majority, but at least his death however symbolic his current role in Al-Qaeda was has displayed to the survivors and families the undying commitment of the Western world to eliminate his foul ideology from the face of the Earth.

For those who lost loved ones this is of course not a crumb of comfort , but the continued efforts of the west to counter-act this poisonous ideology will stand testament to the loss of their innocent lives to civilized society.

Though there will be an inevitable backlash today is a day of vindication. When the will was there his evil was destroyed. We must remain steadfast in our protection of freedom , liberty and democracy. A free man is priceless , one in bondage is worthless. Since the age of 10 Osama Bin Laden was the epitome of evil in my mind, I don't think it's an exaggeration to call him this generations embodiment of totalitarian opposition to liberal democracy. Previous generations of Irishmen, Englishmen or Americans would have given that title to Hitler or Stalin.

As his vision lives on , so must ours. . . of a peaceful , tolerant and open society.

 
Have SkyNews interviewed his neighbours yet?

 
Won't just be the US in deep sh*t Moos, we all need to be on our guard
True. I think most of us swedes thought we were perfectly safe, but in december last year a guy blew himself up here (luckily he screwed up and only killed himself), so we can be a target as well. USA will probably be top of the list though.

 
I am very skeptical as well. They knew further proof would be required. I believe they took DNA samples at least. I initially thought there must be some sort of muslim custom where the body must be buried within a certain time period. However the only information I could come up with is that the body must be buried as soon as possible, which is a very broad statement.

My inital hope was that we would return the remains to his family, as that would be favorably looked on throughout the world. Treating your enemy with respect after death. As is the warrior code. And I believe just decent human beings code. I understand burying the body at sea so as to not create a place of pilgrimage and "deify" the burial site. I also understand that we did return the remains of Saddam to his family, and that his burial site has become a place of pilgrimage for those who wish to emulate him, so this time they were not going to permit that to happen. However the speed which this has all gone through, from death to burial, brings up alot of questions.

Ps. Thank you for removing that picture Loz, I believe someone's remains shouldn't be put on display for people to gawk at. Proof is required in this case, but if anyone needs it all they need is google.
Muslims have to be buried within twenty four hours of death and in Saddam's case this happened as well as his body being returned to his family as they were in Tikrit which is a relatively short hop from Baghdad. His family actually wanted his body back which isn't the case with Osama as his family disowned him years ago and would have put themselves in danger by taking the body back. It also the case that Abbottabad where he was killed is a long way from his family in Saudi, so again not really possible.

One question I have is why the Navy Seals? It's a long way inland for them isn't it? what about Delta Force? And then flying the body a long way overland and dumping it in the sea? excuse the pun but that's a bit fishy.

One last question, who issued a death certificate? and where is it now? If Osama was materially involved in 9/11 then there is a case against him in the US and the investigation and conclusion of that case requires that a death certificate is presented to court in order to proceed.

 
"I mourn the death of thousands of precious lives but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy"-Martin Luter King Jr.

Means sod all to me but thought it was fitting somehow, my opinion for what its worth...couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

 
It's such a strange feeling. I'm pleased that he's finally gone after years and years, but I still feel a bit weird celebrating another's death. Granted he was a horrifically awful person, but it's so strange. I've seen a few compare it to Hitler's death in 1945, and I can see where they're coming from, but Hitler's death actually stopped a war. Going along the lines of what geezer and Moos said earlier, this death may well have started one. Which is horribly morbid thing to say, but I'm dreading to think that it may well be true.

 
As seen on the side of a cardboard box: Obama 1 Osama 0

(My new fav quote of the week)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top