Oscar Pistorius Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 years and 5 suspended, 300 hours community service.

Disgraceful.

 
Unreal. How can the judge say that she agrees that a too lenient sentence will make people lose faith in the system, and then give that sentence.

 
He will serve only 1/6th of his 5 year term before being considered for home detention, apparently.

 
So that's less than year in prison before home detention. Pretty good eh..

 
5 years custodial for the culpable homicide; 3 years (suspended) for the weapons charge: both to be served concurrently. He's a lucky boy.

 
Putting to one side the question of the state possibly appealing on the dolus eventualis issue which I think is doubtful, I think the sentence is comfortably within the bounds of reasonableness as far as the culpable homicide conviction is concerned. I think most of us at first blush feel it's a bit light: at this time I thought about 8 years was appropriate but there is no doubt that her judgment on sentence was soundly based. And in the scheme of things whether it be 5 years or more is probably besides the point: he will face opprobrium and stigma for the rest of his life.

 
He'll be released after 10 months, according to the BBC
Rubbish...news outlets peddling nonsense to sell copy..the usual inaccurate speculations & hyperbole to maintain the rage...so as to sell more copy...and so it goes

 
Rubbish...news outlets peddling nonsense to sell copy..the usual inaccurate speculations & hyperbole to maintain the rage...so as to sell more copy...and so it goes
Ok then, mystic meg, how long will he serve? 

 
^ well that's up to the SA Correctional Dept. procedures, his behaviour during custody and, most importantly, the underlying hostility that will greet what is being trumpeted as a lenient sentence. I doubt that the latter will lessen over the years. I feel that he'll be at least 4 years in prison if he behaves himself.

 
Imo there is no way he will serve 4 years! My guess would be a year and a half to 2 years MAX!

 
I believe he over reacted to fear...His sentance in my opinion is the knowledge of killing Riva.....the sentance is a fair one

 
Dont see it as justice at all but she seemed like a capable judge so who am I to argue

 
I didnt watch the whole trial so I dont think I can offer any kind of considered opinion. But the question has to be asked if it was OP in for that and just a regular Jo would the sentencing have been the same.. if so then I cant see the issue ?

 
They were saying last night that he wont even stay in Gen Pop. He will stay in the hospital part of the jail.

If it wasnt so sad that a pretty young woman has died it would be comical how much of a shambles their "justice" system is.

 
They were saying last night that he wont even stay in Gen Pop. He will stay in the hospital part of the jail.

If it wasnt so sad that a pretty young woman has died it would be comical how much of a shambles their "justice" system is.
I'm not trying to pick apart what you say (genuinely) but it annoys me when people keep saying "pretty young woman", "beautiful, radiant girl". Why does it matter?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top