Other old stuff.

I used to think yeah David Lee does look a bit like Rodney Trotter till I saw this he's the spit of him.

View attachment 11792
Still can’t get my head around Jody Morris now being assistant manager. 15 years ago I couldn’t think of a player less suited- whenever I saw him out and about which was quite often, he stuck me as thick as two short planks and always smashed out of his head.

People change I guess 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
First game of the season in 95 I saw him get into a BMW after the game I thought at the time something doesn't sit right. Don't know if you saw this first time round haven't bothered rewatching it especially as Rix is in it.




 
Chopper in a nice Gabiccci possibly, while the King completes that late 70s early casual look with a Slazenger jumper and what look suspiciously like Farahs, way ahead of their times those boys.
I've got a Gabicci cardigan because I saw Don Letts wearing one in an interview there known as a yardie cardie. You wouldn't believe how much a Slazenger heritage jumper costs now I bought one in 1981 for a tenner in a sports shop in Wembley.

https://www.slazengerheritage.com/

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Gabicci cardigan because I saw Don Letts wearing one in an interview there known as a yardie cardie. You wouldn't believe how much a Slazenger heritage jumper costs now I bought one in 1981 for a tenner in a sports shop in Wembley.

https://www.slazengerheritage.com/
Yardie Cardi! I’m sure Gregory Isaacs had shares in Gabici. Every album cover and PA he made he was wearing one, which made them popular with black youth and crossed over into the Soul Boy scene.

 
I bought this from Greenwich Vintage Market about 12 years ago. It had an elastocated waist which didn’t sit right. Took it to the dry cleaners to get altered- told him to get rid of the elastic- thought he would open the thing up and remove, instead he cropped off the bottom 3 inches. I was ....... mortified!

I don’t remember Gabici being worn to football much; more evening wear and just a bit before the casual explosion 

013B46C7-A1C4-4FA1-B72C-911CE3D1BF1A.jpeg

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this from Greenwich Vintage Market about 12 years ago. It had an elastocated waist which didn’t sit right. Took it to the dry cleaners to get altered- told him to get rid of the elastic- thought he would open the thing up and remove, instead he cropped off the bottom 3 inches. I was ....... mortified!

I don’t remember Gabici being worn to football much; more evening wear and just a bit before the casual explosion 

View attachment 11884
Yeah I agree Gabicci was 81 or so. Very popular with mods now I did have a Gabicci roll neck back in the day. The recent only fools and horses doc the woman in charge of wardrobe said Del Boy wore a lot of Gabicci as she thought the clothes were awful and some of their jumpers were pretty hideous.

 
Back
Top