Our next manager - who would you want?

Who would you replace Scolari with?

  • Ancelotti

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiddink

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rijkaard

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moyes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Neill

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eriksson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hughes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klinsmann

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Basten

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ranieri

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gullit

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zola

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Di Matteo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clarke (Steve)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,723
Reaction score
6,608
This is becoming something of an annual exercise!

I know Chippy is going to hate me for running this poll whilst Scolari is still in the job however hear me out Chippy.

1. It is surely now a case of 'when' rather than 'if' - our title challenge is dead, not mathematically but certainly realistically. The best we can hope for is an FA Cup win - this team is nowhere near in a fit state to challenge for the CL. The only way I can see Scolari keeping his job in the summer is if Roman refuses to bankroll the compensation.

2. Whether we run this poll or not makes no difference!! We are just a football forum after all.

3. Seeing as we have a pretty comprehensive 'yes' vote in the 'Should Scolari be sacked' poll this is the obvious follow on.

I have listed some options which I think will be realistic targets however I have also provided 'Other' so you can choose someone not on the list. When I say 'realistic' I have left out people who I don't think would join us at this stage in their career (i.e. Fergie, Wenger, Fat Rafa, Capello, Lippi, Mourinho)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey Lz great minds etc etc. I was just trying to work out how to create exactly this poll. Glad you got there first.

PS The site just gets better and better - WELL DONE TO ALL

 
p.s If you vote 'other' then post to say who

 
I voted Zola with Clarke as his assistant.

I have to say I wouldn't mind Hiddink at all, but he has spoken against coming to us, although things can change.

 
Zola gets my vote, I'd also not be adverse to the return of Gullit. It would be nice if Scolari did the decent thing and handed in his notice, at least that way Roman wouldn't have to open up his wallet.

 
my post from the other thread:

I just want someone who can get players motivated and can identify when decisions need to be made and then, make them.I dont care who
the above is essential , now if i was being picky id also go for someone young and hungry and someone who might inspire the fans and capture our imagination.

in that respect im surprised Laudrup isnt on the list. just a name that springs to mind.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
p.s If you vote 'other' then post to say who
That be me then ;) I was quietly polling.

Jose Mourinho, failing that Robbie Di Matteo!

I don't need to list reasons for Jose because we've all seen them. As for Robbie, I reckon he would be good for us, a legend, young, so far a good manager and would be the sort of manager that looks to build on younger players.

Saying that, I think Scolari could be with us for a while and could turn things around, who knows!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't vote in this as we've got a manager and although he has made and is making mistakes he still has my respect and I still have hope for him ,however if we do have change my Heart would not let me look at the poll without clicking the Gullit option.

Oh and Loz

Thanks for explaining your reasoning to me as if my opinion counts for anything here as you underlined by not giving me the Grant option ;)

 
I'd like Gullit, still remembrance of the sexy football is fresh in mind ;) ...but why not Spaleti from Rome?

 
Eriksson would probably be most realistic, from the proven ones.

Pool losin right now, at least something good.

 
I can't vote in this as we've got a manager and although he has made and is making mistakes he still has my respect and I still have hope for him ,however if we do have change my Heart would not let me look at the poll without clicking the Gullit option.Oh and Loz

Thanks for explaining your reasoning to me as if my opinion counts for anything here as you underlined by not giving me the Grant option ;)
Funnily enough I was going to put Grant but left him out on the grounds that it wasn't a realistic option in that ROman wouldn't take him back.

 
Eriksson isn't a bad shout, as it happens. I thought he was unlucky to be sacked by City - and unless I'm mistaken he's still young enough to be considered as a medium to long term solution.

 
Funnily enough I was going to put Grant but left him out on the grounds that it wasn't a realistic option in that ROman wouldn't take him back.
I'd have not bothered with the rest then mate on the grounds they are not realistic options as Roman wont sack Scolari.

 
Eriksson isn't a bad shout, as it happens. I thought he was unlucky to be sacked by City - and unless I'm mistaken he's still young enough to be considered as a medium to long term solution.
As I said in the 'Wayne Bridge' thread

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sven back in a top job in one of the major leagues soon. He is, by most accounts, not liking life in Mexico and would be happy to get back into club football.

 
I'd have not bothered with the rest then mate on the grounds they are not realistic options as Roman wont sack Scolari.
Well he sacked a man who brought two league titles and a handful of domestic trophies, he then sacked a man who took us to 2nd in the table and 2nd in the CL - why wouldn't he sack a man who looks like he is going to do a hell of a lot worse than both of them?

 
Eriksson isn't a bad shout, as it happens. I thought he was unlucky to be sacked by City - and unless I'm mistaken he's still young enough to be considered as a medium to long term solution.
It would just be another circus though.

The media would be out to get him from day one.

We need to capture the imagination of the supporters.

In that respect can I nominate Nigella Lawson ?

She would get the players listening to her thats for sure. Backing of the fans ? Tick.

Im pretty sure she wouldnt bring on Belletti for Mikel either.

 
Zola and Clarky...............why did we not get him in the summer ?????????????????????????????????

 
Well he sacked a man who brought two league titles and a handful of domestic trophies, he then sacked a man who took us to 2nd in the table and 2nd in the CL - why wouldn't he sack a man who looks like he is going to do a hell of a lot worse than both of them?
Maybe because he can see keep changing the manager is not really helping the team? I don't know all I know is if he gets another manager without changing quite a few players as well it wont be long before the shed end forum finds a need for polls like these again.

Maybe he can't see that, my mistake. ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Zola??? Are you kidding me?? Yeah he was a Chelsea legend but he has been at West Ham for a few months, give him a few more years I say.

From that list I would say O'Neil, he has done a fantastic job at Villa.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top