Ozil signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the likely lineup this year as what you've posted, maybe starting with Khedira since Jose doesnt really seem to rate lass much. And frankly I hate Marcelo but I honestly believe Arbeloa is much more of a JM type player. Unspectacular but solid.
Well might be true that Jose didnt rate Lass much but Lassana has impressed in his first season at Real, and some time has past now, so I think (and hope, as i like lassana) that he will play alongside Alonso. In my opinion Lassana fits well to Alonso as he isnt going to do a lot of build up play... he will just have to destroy and offer pace to close down players. Khedira doesnt offer that because he isnt a traditional defensive midfielder. He lacks defensive ability imo.. And about Gago, I dont know. Cant judge him.

Probably it wont make much of an difference if JM picks Arbeloa or Marcelo, both arent good enough to be a starter for Real in my opinion. Marcelo might be decent attacking-wise but he is a defensive liability and Arbeloa is just not good enough in my opinion.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good signing, yet still doesnt have a starting 11 as good as ours, or Barcelona for that matter.

 
Surely Van der Vaart's career at Madrid is finally finished after this signing?

 
I think this could be a Sniejder type situation where people are going to regret not making a determined attempt to get the player at such a low value........However I could see him being sold in 2-3 seasons barely having gotten any time to shine.....

Real Madrid.....not a team lacking in attack! They have 2 attackers I quite like , Higuain and now Ozil!

 
Great price, shame we didnt go for it IMO.

I think this summer will be a repeat of last summer with some great bargins leaving RM and then making huge impacts on their new teams.

A few players I'd like to nip from RM, Higuain/VDV/Ozil.....hell you'd almost forget they even have Benzema who I would take for the right price even though I dont rate him as highly as most.

 
I think van der Vaart is probably done, but I think M. Diarra and/or Gago are definitely finished. I believe Madrid are one player over the squad limit.

I think over the whole park, they have more individual talent than Barcelona, but not at every position. The trick will be, as always with them, turning into a unit as cohesive as Barcas. Melding that midfield into something as cohesive and creative as what Barca have got will be the key. I wonder if Jose envisions Ozil as a winger or playing in the middle of park.

 
I think this could be a Sniejder type situation where people are going to regret not making a determined attempt to get the player at such a low value........However I could see him being sold in 2-3 seasons barely having gotten any time to shine.....

Real Madrid.....not a team lacking in attack! They have 2 attackers I quite like , Higuain and now Ozil!
Add Ronaldo, Kheidra, Alonso, Di Maria .... and Jose's stamp begins to take shape, I'm lumping on them for the Champions League, they ooze class and have the special one to mould them into Spanish and European Champions, for years they have failed to deliver, for years players yearn to wear their famous shirt. Their time has come, the Special One will deliver.

I've pumped up Ozil and De Maria on these forums, has the Special One my card :music:

 
Be interesting to follow Mourinho, but I just can't see him winning CL this year again.

Still think Özil made a mistake in going to Madrid.

 
i'm a fan of Van Der vaarts, not as much as Sneijder, but I don't think we'll go for him. I can't see where he'd fit into our current squad

 
Yes, somehow I see van der Vaart staying there, or being kept there by Mourinho. The guy has already shown guts to stay and persevere with all the stars they brought in last summer, and I think thats the kind of player Jose wants in an even more star studded lineup.

Add Ronaldo, Kheidra, Alonso, Di Maria .... and Jose's stamp begins to take shape, I'm lumping on them for the Champions League, they ooze class and have the special one to mould them into Spanish and European Champions, for years they have failed to deliver, for years players yearn to wear their famous shirt. Their time has come, the Special One will deliver.

I've pumped up Ozil and De Maria on these forums, has the Special One my card :music:
If they can make it work, and I mean really click to Barcelona levels of offensive cohesion, that can be a mouthwatering team. I dont think they will ever reach that point under JM, but if they keep them together...

 
I haven't seen much of the guy before the WC, of course he had a good one, but I thought the best player for Germany was Muller. Germany was clueless against Spain when he missed out, surprised no one has lined him up yet. Was Ozil in demand before the WC? I dont remember anyone talked about him before the WC. He may turned out to be a really good player, but at this stage I don't see a Ronaldo or Kaka in him. I remember in 2002 Liverpool signed a player from Senegal based on his awesome WC performance - Elhaji Diouf.

 
Think Arsenal were tracking him before the World Cup but apart from them I don't think many knew about him.

Would be fun trying to predict a possible line-up for Real

-------------Casilas--------------

Arbeloa?--Pepe--Carvalho--Ramos

-------Khedira---Alonso------

---------------Ozil---------------

Di Maria-------------Ronaldo

------------Higuain----------------

Or possibly Ozil in front of the two wingers

 
He might be good player for Real...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Add Ronaldo, Kheidra, Alonso, Di Maria .... and Jose's stamp begins to take shape, I'm lumping on them for the Champions League, they ooze class and have the special one to mould them into Spanish and European Champions, for years they have failed to deliver, for years players yearn to wear their famous shirt. Their time has come, the Special One will deliver.

I've pumped up Ozil and De Maria on these forums, has the Special One my card :music:
f**k me, were you w**king furiously in front of a poster of "the special one" whilst posting that?

"oh jose, oh jose, OH jose, OH jose, OH JOSE, OH JOSE, OH GOD JOSE THATS IT BIG BOY".....

 
f**k me, were you w**king furiously in front of a poster of "the special one" whilst posting that?

"oh jose, oh jose, OH jose, OH jose, OH JOSE, OH JOSE, OH GOD JOSE THATS IT BIG BOY".....
You could certainly believe so after how he described him :D

 
I haven't seen much of the guy before the WC, of course he had a good one, but I thought the best player for Germany was Muller. Germany was clueless against Spain when he missed out, surprised no one has lined him up yet.
Trying to get Mueler from Bayern will be harder than trying to get Ribery from them past few years.......He is a young superstar....and German too. I imagine anything under 45-50mil they would scoff at out of hand based on the Ribery saga.....tho if we could I'd love to get him!

ALso I agree, despite many pundits saying he wouldnt of made a difference, I very well believe Mueller could of been the difference between Germany getting beaten or them being in the WC final(and what a better final that would of made)...... after all he was IMO player of the tournament, leading in goals and assists.....

 
I haven't seen much of the guy before the WC, of course he had a good one, but I thought the best player for Germany was Muller. Germany was clueless against Spain when he missed out, surprised no one has lined him up yet. Was Ozil in demand before the WC? I dont remember anyone talked about him before the WC. He may turned out to be a really good player, but at this stage I don't see a Ronaldo or Kaka in him. I remember in 2002 Liverpool signed a player from Senegal based on his awesome WC performance - Elhaji Diouf.
I would say Muller has more chance of being an "El-Hadji Diouf" than Ozil.

Muller may have got a lot of goals and assists but then again, so do Klose and Podolski in German colours and neither of them are world-beaters.

Ozil, on the other hand, stepped into Diego's shoes at Werder Bremen when he had barely turned 18. He is a supremely talented player who has been a key player for Bremen in the past two seasons.

 
My impression of Ozil at Werder was he was a reflection of that team. Bags of potential, and on his day he could be brilliant (saw him run the show in a five goal drubbing of Bayern, the commentators were going nuts about him) but he was also not the finished article or consistant enough to catch the eye of the bigtime clubs.

Now they have Marko Marin to fill his boots, the attacking midfielder factory at Werder rolls on.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top