Went and bought pes2015 on Friday after becoming bored of fifa. I was a massive pro evo fan since the the 1st one on ps1 in 2000 I think. Stopped playing pes from 2013 as it was too easy and the online was pretty poor.
It feels good to back on pes again, and the fact 2016 will allow full licence patching on the ps4 has drawn me back to the series.
I have a few gripes though that may turn into game changers depending if they get fix in 2016.
The defending is pretty the same as it was 15 years ago. With no ability to jockey, and stand tackle being somewhat automated, it really seems to lack finesse.
Staying in the defending, when you are tackled, 9/10 the ball will run loose and it will be picked up by the opposition. Rarely does the ball fall to one of your players, and at times it feels predictable.
Heading is an absolute lottery. Doesn't make any sense and I think the first pro evo handled heading better than this. There weren't many occasions kanu got out jumped by roberto carlos!
I mainly play ml offline, and it needs some serious work to catch up to fifa in this respect, and fifa hasn't exactly set the bar high. I'm disappointed in the whole layout, the transfer system, player development and the fact you can't use every day in the transfer window is bizarre.
From all accounts quite a few of my issues are being looked at for pes 2016. I hope they sort these issues out because although fifa is still a pretty nice game, it is still not even close to pes in terms of satisfaction. Some of the interplay you can pull off is amazing and shooting has a real punch to it.
Overall I'm pretty excited to back on pes again, not sure which one il get for next season, which is a massive credit to how far pes has come in the last few years.