Piero Hincapie

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,691
Reaction score
20,268
The current Bayern Leverkusen CB, an Ecuador international team mate of Moises Caicedo, is currently being speculated as the name Enzo Maresca has asked for to the fill the void left by Levi Colwills injury.

I would guess Caicedo would be a good source of information for him on this.

Anyone know anything about him?

 
What they're saying

"I think he’s a very modern defender. He can play in different positions. He’s served us as a full-back, but has also been the left centre-back when we’ve played with a back three. He’s aggressive, is making better decisions when he has the ball, backs himself more to play diagonal passes and get in behind. It motivates me to have a player with his potential and desire because he helps you and you help him. He's a great player." - Leverkusen head coach Xabi Alonso

Hincapie

 
Thought this rumor was shut down a few days ago.

From Maresca's presser he wants a CB that knows how to play as a sweeper also.

 
Thought this rumor was shut down a few days ago.

From Maresca's presser he wants a CB that knows how to play as a sweeper also.
May well not happen. Was the first name I found that popped up after Marescas presser.

As he is Moises team mate thought maybe something to it.

 
I hope we get him i was very disappointed that we didnt get Huisen, i have a good feeling about this.🤞

If we get him i think he has the potential to be ahead of Colwill, when he returns from injury.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I wasn't impressed when I saw him the other day.

 
I hope we get him i was very disappointed that we didnt get Huisen, i have a good feeling about this.🤞

If we get him i think he has the potential to be ahead of Colwill, when he returns from injury.
I’m half and half if we need another cb. In my ideal world we would see fofana, disasi and badiashile for football and injury reasons. That leaves Chalobah, Tosin Acheampong and Colwill. Acheampong is looking very promising but I always thought he’d be a right back but maybe this season he’ll cement himself as a centre back. In that situation one more defender is needed and I honestly think it should be Scalvini, him and Colwill next season and for a good few years could be an incredible partnership. If acheampong does impress this season we’d have incredible depth. Fofana if he could stay fit would be as good but I just think that ship has sailed now and it would be good to move on.

 
Bloody cry baby . . .just what we need.

AND the price tag they want is €70m (£60.4m), with Chelsea currently only prepared to go up to €60m (£51.8m).

Piero Hincapie wages will be €7m a season (£116,000 a week)

 
Arsenal? Saliba and Gabriel are both top centerbacks. Seems odd, and Arteta seems married to a back 4.

 
Arsenal will be a weird one. Isn’t Timber also a CB? Apparently Kiwior is leaving, but €60m for depth is wild. They also just signed Mosquera who is highly rated, and has 2yrs of consistent game time In La Liga
Arteta's wet dream is four CBs across the back.

f**king hilarious that the closest they've come to a league win post-Wenger is the modern day equivalent of George Graham

 
Hincapie is a left sided defender, he can also play in midfield and at full-back. But he plays in a back 3 and I have never seen him play in a back four set up. He has some ball playing and distribution skills by all accounts. Seems like a player, we could use, but maybe he's not for us. He is not cheap.

 
Back
Top