Planning my first trip to Stamford Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to comment on what Graham has already said. I've gone to the bridge from heathrow and it was a piece of piss. Just hop on the tube, and one cahnge then you're there. Easy. I also got a cheap deal on a best western in the city center right by the entrance to Chinatown. Not too bad to get to from the Bridge, and you were right in the heart of town for going about.

 
Heathrow charge more tax though, so that might be a more expensive option than the other airports.

And whatever you do: don't ask Liam's brother for hotel advice. You may end up farther away than you would be if you stayed at home.

 
If tickets go on general sale I think members can buy 4 each - ok its not 7 but gets close - there is a great view from west upper wherever you are pretty much but rarely any atmosphere , occasional singing - but you can always try and make your own!

 
I've been in the Upper West Stand the last two games and I have to say the view is impressive from up there, you can see the entire pitch, nothing in your way, so in that sense it's great. However, the atmosphere in the West is pretty dismal. Not even a "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" got people standing (only me and my Dad as far as I could tell!), which is terribly frustrating. But if you just want a good seat for the match, then the West Upper is a pretty good place to go.

 
Heathrow charge more tax though, so that might be a more expensive option than the other airports.

And whatever you do: don't ask Liam's brother for hotel advice. You may end up farther away than you would be if you stayed at home.
I will keep that in mind Val :D

If tickets go on general sale I think members can buy 4 each - ok its not 7 but gets close - there is a great view from west upper wherever you are pretty much but rarely any atmosphere , occasional singing - but you can always try and make your own!
Kind of guessed it wouldn't be a fantastic atmosphere up there but it wont matter, if I went to the game alone I would of chose shed end for the atmosphere but the people I travel with are not really up for all the singing and that! Not really keen on trying to get the crowd going by myself for my first game at the bridge - it would take some confidence to do that!

About the tickets, we are booking it all through Thomas Cook to make sure we all get one. Thanks anyway!

I've been in the Upper West Stand the last two games and I have to say the view is impressive from up there, you can see the entire pitch, nothing in your way, so in that sense it's great. However, the atmosphere in the West is pretty dismal. Not even a "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" got people standing (only me and my Dad as far as I could tell!), which is terribly frustrating. But if you just want a good seat for the match, then the West Upper is a pretty good place to go.
Thanks for telling me about the view up there, was really worrying it might of been really bad but now I know! You can count on me standing up if "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" gets going :D

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top