Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
the season has been the lampard show.

no lampard this season and we'd finish seventh on the strength of the other players performances.

think the fullbacks, jt, alex and cech can be 'content' with their seasons and everyone else has either been injured or need to improve (or drastically improve) their performances.

 
beat me to it gullit...without lamps we'd have been totally f*cked this season...a hole has played better, but you could hardly say he has had a massive impact on our season

 
Lampard by a country mile. Second and third would probably go to Cole and Mikel.

 
Lamps, 1st, 2nd and 3rd he's been that far ahead of everyone else.

 
Anyone who doesnt vote for Lampard cannot have seen more than 3 or 4 Chelsea games all season. I simply cannot imagine anyone else even coming close when the votes are counted.

I cannot remember a season where its been so obvious.

The thing is , it hasnt even been his best ever season for us, or even his second best ever season for us. Its just we have had so many under performers so consistenly his level of play has stood out a country mile.

And to think he seriously considered joining Inter in the Summer. We'd have been in Fulhams or Wigans place without him.

In fact just imagine what it couldve been like without him for the past 5 years.

A true Chelsea legend.

 
I thought Cech deserves a mention at the least, he has been one of the better performers through out the season. And I for one think, he has been the most consistent too.

We have conceded only 17 goals this season having played 30 games, which is the lowest in the Premier League this season. That too, after Man Utd's run of 11 or so games without conceding a goal, so defintely, the last two matchdays have done us a bit of a favour as Man Utd have let 6 in, and us, 1.

 
I remember in the summer when I was pissed at Lamps, and thought he was trying to play Chelsea and leave to Inter. I feel pretty stupid now, but he has definitely carried the team this year.

 
Looking at the roll call of previous winners, I can't believe that Kerry Dixon never won this award!.

 
Yeah, Lampard for me as well, although Cashley, Mikel and Cech deserve honourary mentions.

 
Lampard by a long long way which shows really how badly the rest have been performing, he has had some great games this term but even his below par performances have seen him as our best player or one of on several occasions.

Got to say Ashley has done very well this season though and is the only other Chelsea player who has consitently played well.

 
Lampard is the obvious one. But I think Cole deserves it. He's had some rough times at Chelsea with the fans getting on his back and that, and he's played really well for us. He'd get my vote.

 
Very difficult to ignore Ashley Cole, the crap he's put up with this season would tear other players apart and his steady performances speak volumes . Lamps has been superb and just edges it for me.

 
What about Bosingwa, I think he's had a positive impact for his first season with us!
He started well, but lately I've been more than frustrated with him! It's between Lampard and Ashley Cole. I think Cech started well, but he also suffered under Scolari (his words, not mine)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top