Poch In or Out? The Mega-thread Merged

Well it's coming sooner or later at this rate.
Unless there's a major change in our tactical system then I'd have to agree, probably by February

I don't particularly think we'd do much better with a caretaker though, so I'm inclined to give him the whole season

 
Well it's coming sooner or later at this rate.
I backed him to go in December before the season started.

Then the next manager will be sacked in April.

The managers will continue to pay the price for the untalented squad the owners have assembled as every coach will be thrown under the bus for not making all the deadwood we've signed perform to the ludicrous fees we spent on them.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not until the ownership gone

3 managers later we are getting worse and worse, this is on the ownership, not the manager
I don't think we have the 11th best squad in the league

Could the money have been spent better? Sure. But players like Caicedo and Colwill were looking miles better at Brighton. Enzo under Potter looked top class, now pretty mediocre in this system. 

 
At this point, who would want the job and who is capable of turning this ship around? Luton's boss? just who is out there? 

 
I don't think we have the 11th best squad in the league

Could the money have been spent better? Sure. But players like Caicedo and Colwill were looking miles better at Brighton. Enzo under Potter looked top class, now pretty mediocre in this system. 
when the squad is too young and without a system and leaders to guide them, it is evitable they underperform

thats why you dont buy 11 u21 players and think they will just for by some miracle suddenly jel into a great team and develop into world class players, this is not football manager

You can sack Poch, the next manager will do the same, because this team lacks character, experience and leadership, they are all too young and crumble under pressure which the manager cant do much if the transfer policy set by this idiotic management stays the same. 

 
Not sure sacking Poch would get the required bounce unless the new incumbent is lucky enough for Nkunku and Lavia to change our fortunes. 

 
Pochettino said very clearly in the middle of pre-season that he needed more experience in the team/squad and he's been proven absolutely right. The fact that the DoFs ignored that is on them, not Pochettino. Question is, whether they were having their strings pulled by the owners. If yes, then Poch is in on thin ice ; if no, then Stewart and Winstanley are on thin ice. Either way, if results carry on like they are there will be a scapegoat required, and it definitely won't be the owners !

 
No, I think we need to give him the season. If we end up in relegation zone at any point in the season then we'll have to pull the plug. 

I expected a hard season, but we're doing worse than I expected unfortunately. The midfield situation is the most disappointing, I had high hopes for it clicking but it's just not working well at all. 

A big argument against it and I'm sure most people will agree, what's the alternative? The most common name is Jose and that's a big flat-out no for me. So I don't see any Frank Lampard to Thomas Tuchel conversion here, that's not going to happen with these players. Too many inexperienced kids in the side. I think it's evident we've made a mistake in letting too many players go at once all in one window and the gamble isn't paying off. We should've at the very least kept some players like Kovacic who would've offered something to the team instead of letting him go for chips to City. 

Or even just brought in some experience. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, I think we need to give him the season. If we end up in relegation zone at any point in the season then we'll have to pull the plug. 

I expected a hard season, but we're doing worse than I expected unfortunately. The midfield situation is the most disappointing, I had high hopes for it clicking but it's just not working well at all. 

A big argument against it and I'm sure most people will agree, what's the alternative? The most common name is Jose and that's a big flat-out no for me. So I don't see any Frank Lampard to Thomas Tuchel conversion here, that's not going to happen with these players. Too many inexperienced kids in the side. I think it's evident we've made a mistake in letting too many players go at once all in one window and the gamble isn't paying off. We should've at the very least kept playing like Kovacic who would've offered something to the team instead of letting him go for chips to City. 

Or even just brought in some experience. 
Jose comes in will at least put some balls into this team and they would run for their life every game instead of just head drops whenever they concede a goal or miss a few chances.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: JJ8
Pochettino says injuries are too much for him to build something solid. Sanchez and Cucurella are now injured. (@NizaarKinsella) #CFC
 

I think it’s right, not excuses. Is that 11 players out now? Remember it’s not short term, many of these injuries are long term. Current players are over played, lack of competition m, no solutions. Depending on how long Sanchez is out for, we will be relying on a young unproven goalkeeper 
 

I hope the board and fans appreciate this as it’s a massive factor which is hindering Poch

 
Jose comes in will at least put some balls into this team and they would run for their life every game instead of just head drops whenever they concede a goal or miss a few chances.
I think the Jose debacle is just revisionism at this point. What's Jose done lately? Kept Roma exactly where they are in the league? His experiences at United and Tottenham weren't good either were they. And I would dare say his 2nd stint at Chelsea crippled us in the long run letting two of the greatest players the Premier League has ever had go. 

I don't see him coming here and magically whipping players into shape, he lost his touch years ago. Could he control Tottenham? United? I can't see him coming here and controlling these players besides falling out with them and we'll have another player revolt on our hands. 

 
Jose comes in will at least put some balls into this team and they would run for their life every game instead of just head drops whenever they concede a goal or miss a few chances.
The main reason to get Jose in is that he'd ship out most these young players in January.

No winner is going to want to coach a youth team at PL level that's largely why we sacked Tuchel and ended up with Potter than Poch.

 
I think the Jose debacle is just revisionism at this point. What's Jose done lately? Kept Roma exactly where they are in the league? His experiences at United and Tottenham weren't good either were they. And I would dare say his 2nd stint at Chelsea crippled us in the long run letting two of the greatest players the Premier League has ever had go. 

I don't see him coming here and magically whipping players into shape, he lost his touch years ago. Could he control Tottenham? United? I can't see him coming here and controlling these players besides falling out with them and we'll have another player revolt on our hands. 
Roma hasnt won sh*t for years and he got them their first ever European trophy

they have literally 0 money to spend and they kept the team afloat despite tons of injuries forcing him to put his best midfielder in the CB

 
Arsenal's squad vs Brentford

Raya - 28 

White - 26

Saliba - 22

Gabriel - 25

Zinchenko - 26

Rice - 24

Havertz - 24

Odegaard - 24

Saka - 22

Martinelli - 22

Jesus - 26

Only 5 players that are 25 and over, nobody over 30

Chelsea's squad vs Everton

Sanchez - 26

James - 23

Disasi - 25

Badiashile - 22

Cucurella - 25

Enzo - 22

Caicedo - 22

Murdyk - 22

Gallagher - 23

Palmer - 21

Broja - 22

So that's 3 players 25 and over. Sterling usually starts, which makes it 4. Our squad is only slightly younger than Arsenal's, yet they're in 2nd and we're 11th.

I don't think age is a good enough excuse to justify Poch's tenure. 

 
Back
Top