Pompey's swish new stadium...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet waffle

First Team Squad
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
1
Very nice I'm sure you'll agree. Cost is ?600million the capacity is going to be 36,000 and it should be completed by 2011.

If we ever move to a new stadium I hope it's as good a design as this.

0,,10396~3187184,00.jpg


0,,10396~3187193,00.jpg


0,,10396~3187183,00.jpg


0,,10396~3187173,00.jpg


0,,10396~3187194,00.jpg


 
and it's in the sea which makes it very versatile, when the time's right the stadium can sink along with the team!!!

 
They will play in it for 3 years til global warming puts it under water
169.gif


 
Just read the story on the BBC as I though there is no way Pompey could get access to ?600m capital expenditure. It would appear there is to be 1500 apartments and restaurants and cafes as well so I can only imagine property developers are prepared to fork out a sizable chunk of the ?600m.

Also I would be curious to see how fans are going to get access to the stand built in the sea!! We have problems with entrance and exit avenues at the Bridge, god knows what this would have.

Did notice planning permission hasn't been granted yet so don't hold your breath.

 
Inside looks great, I think from outside it's the ugliest design I have ever seen. Just my opinion
247.gif


 
I hope Pompey don't lose their atmosphere with a new stadium.

Although I guess lifejackets will have to be stored under the seats...

 
Is it just me or does it feel as if that stadium would be better suited for a warmer country? Spain or somewhere like that. It feels as if it's a place for a big team in a warm country. Barcelona or Real Madrid or something like that. Surely not Pompey?

But it looks good. In fact it looks really, really, really good. But, as someone else mentioned, what about global warming?

I hope that if we ever get a new stadium it will be a really nice one.

 
what about global warming?
Global warming is a myth.

And anyway, saw a map of what'd happen if it did occur. Think Portsmouth is relatively shielded? Only England and Wales will be cut off from each other.
icon_lol.gif


 
Global warming is a myth.
Yes. And there really were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...

Ah, the folly of youth. Breast fed on a diet of propaganda and compromise.
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
It would appear there is to be 1500 apartments and restaurants and cafes as well
That points to Uncle Ken being involved somewhere along the line.

"Look don't worry about the low capacity - as long as there are restaurants and appartments................
icon_rolleyes.gif
"

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top