It all got a bit deep for me. I said " the only "expectations" we are entitled to are that each player does his best when on the pitch" and that was all I meant. I only have the right to expect that. Getting into skill level and mental preparation and all that is secondary. Get out there and do your best, that's all I ask.
Obviously, from a huge majority of posts in here during match-day threads and after, that isn't enough for most people, but then I have never, ever been a top-class player, manager, coach and international scout like most of you.
For example, in my mind little Denis Wise was a quite limited footballer, but always gave 100% every time and I, for one, would kill for a Wise these days.
A whole load of you would be on his back every match because he didn't match your expectations of what he should be doing in your mind, his xG/xA (whatever the f**k that actually means) isn't what I deserve as a long-term Chelsea fan who pays a HUGE subscription to NBC Sports Centre, Sky, BT and Bein Sports EVERY SEASON, and he doesn't protect the back 4 whilst still hitting 25 goals a season.
In summary, I should have worded my initial comment more precisely. I expect every player to give 100% for the entire match. I have no right to "expect" anything else.